Scheduling Thread

All talk related to Pacific Men's Basketball
Pacificness

July 11th, 2018, 12:32 am #91

Finally coming together,very surprised to see Long Beach given how they generally schedule.  Probably 5 or 6 OOC games left to confirm but it's finally taking shape (see the post on the first page for the full updated list)

Pacificness

July 11th, 2018, 9:08 am #92

Just another note, I would assume we only have one or two more OOC home games that we'll schedule.  Currently only 2 out of conference road games, both to the state of Nevada.  It would be great to get a trip to the Pacific Northwest against one of the Pac 12 teams to prep for travel to Portland and Gonzaga.  Also would be good to add a So Cal trip (USC, UCLA, SDSU?).  Also important to schedule one or two winnable road games to get some confidence while travelling.  

Kemo 1966

July 11th, 2018, 9:39 am #93

Here's  Money Miles  schedule:
Hope he is able to rise to the opportunity!!  Maybe he'll get an "overseas" gig after this year!

I'm sure his family is looking forward to the Northwestern game near Chicago!😎
BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

UOP16
UOP16

July 11th, 2018, 10:24 am #94

Good call kemo on the Fresno state game.

I expect us to play some guaranteed games, I guess that's how we'll pay for the tournament.

I'm predicting Oregon or UA.

Kemo 1966

July 13th, 2018, 3:17 pm #95

I do not think ASU is one of the OOC games.......figure MM would like 31 games (2 Div 2 practices included).   This has sort of been the trend.   Right now, we've identified 9 ...... with the 16 game WCC schedule... there should be 6 more games...1 a practice game........  if past scheduling history is kept.
I keep searching the Pac-12 or WAC.... and like I said....Big Sky schedules are always late to come out!
BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

Kemo 1966

July 13th, 2018, 4:12 pm #96

Pacificness wrote: Just another note, I would assume we only have one or two more OOC home games that we'll schedule.  Currently only 2 out of conference road games, both to the state of Nevada.  It would be great to get a trip to the Pacific Northwest against one of the Pac 12 teams to prep for travel to Portland and Gonzaga.  Also would be good to add a So Cal trip (USC, UCLA, SDSU?).  Also important to schedule one or two winnable road games to get some confidence while travelling.  
For the Big Sky,  Portland State (New BB Court), Eastern Wash; and the Idaho schools fit this!

Boxout
Boxout

July 13th, 2018, 4:22 pm #97

Hey...every once in a while you have to prostitute yourself and travel to a big school and play 'em! Pick up a guarantee, get tough, and show your guys (and recruits) that you have a pair.

And like Tiger football of the past, occasionally you beat a South Carolina, Minnesota or Oregon.

No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pacificness

July 13th, 2018, 9:31 pm #98

I'd be totally content with a body bag game but not sure a high major would want to play us. Can't envision the likes of Duke risking everything without significant reward.

nojnotslar

July 14th, 2018, 6:30 am #99

The schedule apparently being released as an advent calendar. lol

Pacificness

July 14th, 2018, 8:03 am #100

Always prefer the D2 games to be before we play D1 teams but that's ok, we knew at least one of these would be on the schedule. Wouldnt be surprised to see Chico or another non D1 school for that first date.