Women in Politics

Women in Politics

Meri Wau
Meri Wau

October 18th, 2011, 9:00 pm #1

Well ladies,can we have something with a little substance.What do you think of the Women in Politics group? Do you see them having an influence on the type of women who will contest for the 22 seats?Do you see them helping them?Do you see good candidates emerging?

SL
SL

October 18th, 2011, 10:22 pm #2

Just like male politics tends to attract the humbags, power hungry and intending thief men to run for office, i now feel the same is true lo sait blo ol meri politiks.

Meri Wau
Meri Wau

October 19th, 2011, 3:46 am #3

You know SL I hope you aren't right and I know you are not completely right as I myself have stood for election twice(I would not ever do it again) and although I have been called many things in my time,I have never been called a thief and if I was,I would know that it was not true.

common sense
common sense

October 19th, 2011, 4:52 am #4

But you weren't a good pollie and that's a big reason why you didn't win. A crafty power hungry woman would have lied whenever it seemed in order and done whatever needed to be done to win that election. You probably weren't in that category.

Meri Wau
Meri Wau

October 22nd, 2011, 6:49 am #5

Probably I would never have won an election in a million years and I am glad you don't think I am either power hungry or crafty as I only wanted to see a situation where we were well-represented in parliament.As we are that now,at last, and as I don't really agree with the Women's bill,I would never stand to be the woman elected to represent women as I feel that we should be competing against the men on an even field if we are to gain their respect.Anyway,this is not about me but it is about seeing that whoever is the woman who is elected is the right woman.

ASA SUMBA
ASA SUMBA

April 8th, 2012, 11:42 am #6

Dona,
Are you standing for Bulolo again this year??

ASA SUMBA
ASA SUMBA

April 8th, 2012, 11:42 am #7

Probably I would never have won an election in a million years and I am glad you don't think I am either power hungry or crafty as I only wanted to see a situation where we were well-represented in parliament.As we are that now,at last, and as I don't really agree with the Women's bill,I would never stand to be the woman elected to represent women as I feel that we should be competing against the men on an even field if we are to gain their respect.Anyway,this is not about me but it is about seeing that whoever is the woman who is elected is the right woman.
Dona,
Are you standing for Bulolo again this year??

Meri Wau
Meri Wau

April 9th, 2012, 10:26 pm #8

...but I would probably have contested for the women's seat for Morobe against other women if it had become a reality.

?
?

April 15th, 2012, 12:40 pm #9

How did they ever let you become a citizen?

Meri Wau
Meri Wau

April 17th, 2012, 7:07 am #10

Actually at the time of Independence my late husband and myself had no qualms about taking up PNG citizenship and we both went through a very rigorous process,not at all like today's process where you pay money and it is granted.I have been a proud PNG citizen since 1975.
I have spent 65 years in PNG and have given wholeheartedly back to the community where I have chosen to live.My parents gave to PNG and its peoples and so did the parents of my late first husband.
I find it extremely insulting that you would comment in such a nasty way so I guess you are just one of those really nasty people who hide behind a pen-name.