Who is Daddi Gii?

Who is Daddi Gii?

Aussie
Aussie

December 21st, 2005, 8:42 pm #1

Can anybody in the Pacific or PNG clarify on this exotic and up-and-coming modern artist in the Pacific? His name sounds like Daddy Gii or something. Who is he? I've heard few of his numbers while in PNG for holidays and am extremely amazed. Is he really a Papua New Guinean? Just curiou.

Gecko
Gecko

December 22nd, 2005, 1:33 am #2

He's a Snoop Doggy Dog -Puff Daddy wanna be who sings over computerised programmed music.He cant play any musical instrument let alone a tamborine.
His album sales is poor,his popularity is based on Emtv clips and radios promoting himself.These popularity or media efforts dont match his Album sales,which is poor.

strongpla fan
strongpla fan

December 22nd, 2005, 3:59 am #3

Can anybody in the Pacific or PNG clarify on this exotic and up-and-coming modern artist in the Pacific? His name sounds like Daddy Gii or something. Who is he? I've heard few of his numbers while in PNG for holidays and am extremely amazed. Is he really a Papua New Guinean? Just curiou.
kande marn mix milne bay....

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 23rd, 2005, 11:04 am #4

He's a Snoop Doggy Dog -Puff Daddy wanna be who sings over computerised programmed music.He cant play any musical instrument let alone a tamborine.
His album sales is poor,his popularity is based on Emtv clips and radios promoting himself.These popularity or media efforts dont match his Album sales,which is poor.
It is clear that you are jealous. The fact is that he can play live music and has proven it with nationwide concerts, even today. Nothing is computerised during his performances and I am preety sure that Gecko has not been to PNG for the past 2 years. Sorry kid for not knowing what's going on at home.

Rage Editor
Rage Editor

December 24th, 2005, 7:13 am #5

kande marn mix milne bay....
Hey Aussie

Dadii Gii is still one of the industry's best artists here. His name is Armstrong Gonara and is mixed Misima and Morobe. Spent his life in Morobe so the influences i his life and music are Morobe.

Daddi Gii as a stage name is a dedication to his father as in "Daddy "G".

Dadii Gii burst onto the music scene mid last year and by the end of 2004 was a huge hit.

His style is Island Reggae, R&B, Hip Hop and has a repetoir of great tracks that made him Rookie of the year in 2005 at the SP Music Awards.

As for computerised sound, he has been able to replicate much of his sound at live performances. Amazingly he has a very good stage presence, impressing at all the venues he has worked live at. So I'll let you make your own judement from that. The Dadii Gii sound was fresh and energetic in 2004 and continues to be that way thoughtout this year.

He plays the guitar and keyboard and his tracks are his compositions and lyrics.

I'll not say too much more than to say this young man will be around for a long time if he keeps his eye on the ball and he doesn't get too carried away with the celebrity thing.

Last edited by 7milebeach on December 24th, 2005, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aussie
Aussie

December 24th, 2005, 11:23 am #6

Thanks, Rage Editor. I got a cassette titled "Camp7" which I bought at CHM Downtown Port Moresby last X-mas when I went up to PNG to visit my parents. I played this cassette here in Brisbane and my cousins like one of his songs. Later they went their own way to get a copy of a CD titled "Dadii Gii" and now most of his songs are becoming popular here in the suburb as well as at the kid's schools coz two of my cousins have been in Lae attending primary school in Lae. When I was in Cairns the other night, I heard two of his songs played in the nightclub and everyone danced their night away. I was stunned as well. The cousins made me like Dadii Gii's way of music but dunno if he's got a latest album. Please, keep me posted.

December 24th, 2005, 12:04 pm #7

"CHM

Please e-mail admin@pngscape.com if you want to discuss advertising on PNGScape.com

We will start deleting all messages advertising CHM website, CHM or CHM gigs until CHM becomes PNGScape's first advertising client.

Thanyou!! "

Copy and paste Wantokz message on this board.
If you want Scapers to contact you from this link, please contact Wantoks Admin to come to some arrangement.

7mile (Scape Moderator)
Last edited by 7milebeach on December 24th, 2005, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheen H. Mean-money
Cheen H. Mean-money

December 24th, 2005, 10:13 pm #8

It seems that even Papua New Guinean Chinese won't part with a single toea if they have an alternative!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 24th, 2005, 11:12 pm #9

Thanks, Rage Editor. I got a cassette titled "Camp7" which I bought at CHM Downtown Port Moresby last X-mas when I went up to PNG to visit my parents. I played this cassette here in Brisbane and my cousins like one of his songs. Later they went their own way to get a copy of a CD titled "Dadii Gii" and now most of his songs are becoming popular here in the suburb as well as at the kid's schools coz two of my cousins have been in Lae attending primary school in Lae. When I was in Cairns the other night, I heard two of his songs played in the nightclub and everyone danced their night away. I was stunned as well. The cousins made me like Dadii Gii's way of music but dunno if he's got a latest album. Please, keep me posted.
Which nightclub in Cairns played Daddi Gii?

Sevilo
Sevilo

December 25th, 2005, 12:54 am #10

?

Last edited by 7milebeach on January 6th, 2006, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.