UOT website lousy - too static

UOT website lousy - too static

somolia
somolia

February 24th, 2010, 4:40 am #1

Can the university management and who ever that is administering this website plus the IT Director to get their D*ick heads working and improve this website for a while, please????? graduates of this fine institute are developing s*xy dynamic sites outside. What about the teachers' doing here? This is the same static website I've seen over 2 decades now. E.G. By now Students should enroll online, check their emails online, check their gradings online, UOT website should have a intranet for students discussion and file sharing, news updates, monthly/fortnightly newsletter should be uploaded here (from the PRO section), etc ...

FYI, DWU came yesterday and its so innovative, its far beyond UOT and UPNG's reach in terms of ICT developments. Yes, our students can perform better than theirs, but, thats another issue. DWU VC or President is so actively involved in ICT4D projects. For baloiloi's sake, I can't understand why the website alone is spewing a bad smell to the outer community. This site can be weaved using some stable applications like Java, PHP, XTML, CSS, etc instead of a simple Joomla. This shows there is a total luck of technocrats and geeks at UOT IT & Com division.

ehehehe....its never been updated since June 2009. Does it mean, UOT is sleeping????

Its called a "premier Technology University" but look at such IT infrastructure and you get the rank someone gives you.

Its a shame, IT Director and VC!!!!!!!!!!

somolia

kems
kems

March 1st, 2010, 6:25 am #2

Joomla is a dynamic Content Management System and is created using PHP, XTML, AJAX, HTML, CSS, and MySQL. It is not a simple CMS but can be used in many different websites . I think what you are refering to is just the look and feel of things. You're spot on though with your comments, a premier technology university with a blend website like that gives a bad taste.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 3rd, 2010, 2:46 am #3

By using standard joomla components is still lousy for a technological institution.
Why not develop your own template, modules and plugins and build on joomla system and make it different. CMS is modular and extensible.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2010, 5:05 am #4

Just a glimpse of the "Most Popular Websites in PNG":

1. www.kina.com.pg , Points: 35.1269
2. www.pomsox.com.pg , Points: 33.4644
3. www.pngtourism.org.pg , Points: 10.3661
4. www.dwu.ac.pg Points: 9.77245
5. www.diwaipacific.com.pg Points: 9.21528
6. www.postcourier.com.pg , Points: 7.88396
7. www.ipa.gov.pg , Points: 6.69316
8. www.thenational.com.pg , Points: 6.27235
9. www.airniugini.com.pg , Points: 6.09306
10. www.henaos.com.pg , Points: 5.90036
11. www.global.net.pg , Points: 5.45495
12. www.budget.com.pg Points: 5.3633
13. www.thaiconsulate.org.pg Points: 5.22062
14. www.coralseahotels.com.pg , Points: 4.76359
15. www.bspcapital.com.pg Points: 4.57926
16. www.tiare.net.pg Points: 4.30307
17. www.bsp.com.pg Points: 3.72067
18. www.bankpng.gov.pg , Points: 3.10737
19. www.pngmc.ac.pg Points: 3.03787
20. global.net.pg Points: 2.96153
21. www.iea.ac.pg , Points: 2.90839
22. www.irc.gov.pg , Points: 2.77189
23. www.steamships.com.pg Points: 2.43033
24. www.pm.gov.pg , Points: 2.40863
25. www.fisheries.gov.pg , Points: 2.31654

Now where does UOT stand?...ehe

catch catch,,,
.zy

fishlips
fishlips

March 28th, 2010, 8:08 am #5

is there suppose to be another page of lists oh ??? but then again ating nogat

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 9th, 2010, 2:43 am #6

Can the university management and who ever that is administering this website plus the IT Director to get their D*ick heads working and improve this website for a while, please????? graduates of this fine institute are developing s*xy dynamic sites outside. What about the teachers' doing here? This is the same static website I've seen over 2 decades now. E.G. By now Students should enroll online, check their emails online, check their gradings online, UOT website should have a intranet for students discussion and file sharing, news updates, monthly/fortnightly newsletter should be uploaded here (from the PRO section), etc ...

FYI, DWU came yesterday and its so innovative, its far beyond UOT and UPNG's reach in terms of ICT developments. Yes, our students can perform better than theirs, but, thats another issue. DWU VC or President is so actively involved in ICT4D projects. For baloiloi's sake, I can't understand why the website alone is spewing a bad smell to the outer community. This site can be weaved using some stable applications like Java, PHP, XTML, CSS, etc instead of a simple Joomla. This shows there is a total luck of technocrats and geeks at UOT IT & Com division.

ehehehe....its never been updated since June 2009. Does it mean, UOT is sleeping????

Its called a "premier Technology University" but look at such IT infrastructure and you get the rank someone gives you.

somolia
Not Static but the joomla sucks.. Look and feel..so called user interface sucks..

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 11th, 2010, 7:31 pm #7

somolia
I don't blame anyone at Unitech IT for the lousy website. I believe the problem starts with funding from PNG govt. If other departments are run down how can you expect the website to be any better?
PNG govt needs to use its f&*(ing head and give more funding.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2010, 8:45 pm #8

somolia
whats the point of putting a good website when all the departments are going down due to no funding and misappropriation.

Most of the staff are already corrupt, from cleaner to HOD

miT'sol
miT'sol

August 25th, 2010, 8:05 am #9

somolia
yeah okay .... its fFFFFFFFing lousy! true but I reckon it is because the current webmaster simply does not know how to improve it or is just lazy or is busy with other things ....

oge scratz

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 12th, 2010, 3:59 am #10

Even my tumblr blog is way better than that bunch of scribbles floating online.