The growth of Asian Organized Crime

The growth of Asian Organized Crime

Papua New Guinean
Papua New Guinean

April 24th, 2006, 10:55 pm #1

All, there appears to have been much said about the Honiara situation, the Asian situation in PNG and Rimbunhan Hijau.

Many postings have been made and many have had good points. Some have been off the mark.

All these situations have occurred because of asian organized crime.

As someone very familiar with the workings the asian organized crime syndicates in PNG, allow me to give you some information:

1. Asian Organized Crime entered PNG in the late 80's
2. Asian Organized Crime has one major objective: make money
3. Asian Organized Crime has no qualms about achieving this objective through
illegitimate and illigitimate ways
4. Current business includes: import and sale of pirated counterfeit
low quality goods without payment of taxes, smuggling of human beings,
protection, illegal gaming, prostition, money laundering and drug
manufacturing and distribution.
5. How do they acheive this? Simple: remove current business field through
intimidation, lowering of prices, criminally targetted attacks and take over. Corrupt State entities set up to investigate and prevent such activities and establish political alliances to further interests nationally. You will no doubt note that most of the original PNG Chinese have now left as they could not compete, were intimidated and were more or less honest business people who paid their taxes and did business the honest way. You will also note that asian organized crime ha spread to rural areas of PNG setting up shops selling cheap low quality goods to rural folk. You will no doubt note that many of these new asian companies now are reserve police men, have 24 hrs police protection and have political support.

This situation is very similar to that which existed in the US in the 1920's when the mafia controlled everything. It took a lot of political will and effort to address this situation then.

Eventually, these criminal organizations will control PNG and its destiny.

This is what is required now. Political will.

Is RH a criminal organization? Yes it is.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 29th, 2006, 3:19 am #2

The same story from several people has come out of Wewak recently -containers brought into the port by RH filled with guns.

The kongkongs are taking over our country, no doubt about it and they reckon that by the time we wake up and react they'll have all the important people bought off.

The kongkongs are determined to get firm hold of all PNG's resources. Full stop. I assume that Somare is a collaborator because he is basically showing himself to have become a stupid old man who has lost site of the fine legacy he could have created for history. Instead he will go down in history as a man with high potential and ideals who turned into just another one of the scumbag PM's.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 20th, 2006, 11:34 am #3

we have guns is because of you black pigs (dont ****ing call us kongkongs)...how many asians get murdered in png by black pigs every year??? at least 20...how many black pigs get murdered by asians??? none...so ask your ****ing self why we need guns...u think we need guns to kill and rob people??? NO...we need guns to protect ourselves!!!

BV
BV

June 20th, 2006, 7:42 pm #4

You use terms that are not welcome here. You cry about a term that is a mere sound rather than a description; whereas you resort to descriptive abuse in retaliation.

Not all Papua New Guinea people are black. Most are brown. Some are pink. Many are freckled, like salt and pepper. Some have hair; some are bald.

We Australians historically referred to PNG people as fuzzy wuzzies because of the hair. It was a revered term covered with much affection. But it was a decsriptive term and soon fell from fashion.

So if you wish to retaliate for insult you feel is thrown at you because of which people you emerge from then simply refer to your target as PNGans or something else that is not so derogatory or descriptive.

When you begin to realise that the outcry against Asians is a symptom of something that Asians are doing to rile the Indigenous population of the SW Pacific, then you should ask yourself: WHY?

It happened in Fiji; it happened in the Solomons; and it is happening in PNG. WHY?

JG
JG

June 20th, 2006, 9:16 pm #5

My observations from the discussions on this board are there are too many labels being thrown around as tools to distinguish authentic PNGeans from 'others'. It is simply mischieveous to brand everybody with the same brush - I beleive that is where the problem is for the future of PNG. I was born in PNG, but my label is an Aussie 'expatriate', similarly, Asians born in PNG are still called derogative names - get real people - this is a global, multicultural world. I understand and sympathise entirely with your angst, given the outrageous mismanagement of your resourses by your government. But don't attack the many people who have been the backbone of your economy, and others who are trying to find solutions to corporate /govt cronyism world wide. Some of us are spending a great deal of our lives trying to fight for political transparency and corporate accountability for PNG and don't tell me to but out - this is not an isolated PNG issue - it is a global one. YOu are in a global economy, like it or lump it, and that is where your problem and solution lie, not in local, ethnic mud-slinging. If it wasn't for global demand of timber, RH would have no market. Start fighting the politics, not the people. Take a tip from Malaysia's pluralist society, where the Chinese, Malays, and Indians are valued for their differences and all called Malaysians, and guess what - their economy is booming big time. Not for devise reasons, because they seek answers in unifying those differences. Don't be so insecure about your identity - you will always be PNGeans. Welcome to the world of multiculturalsim and all its opportunities.