Scientific Proof of Divine Authorship of Genesis..of the Bible

Scientific Proof of Divine Authorship of Genesis..of the Bible

Quantum
Quantum

July 2nd, 2012, 12:57 am #1

It is rare that you see a "proof" of God vouched for in scientific journals. Some can find cryptic meanings in the works of Nostradamus, others see messages in crop circles. Forget those sources! A better one has been around for millennia.

The ancient Hebrew had no vowels and its 22 letters also represented numbers. The words were placed on the page without punctuation. What a perfect setup that would be for implanting a code. A code that humans were really only going to be able to see once technology reached a particular stage.

"By treating the text as an unbroken string of letters, and selecting sequences of equally spaced letters, three mathematicians discovered 300 hidden pairs of Hebrew words with related meanings in close proximity to one another.

Some of the words involved people who lived and events that occurred long after the Torah was written.

"The odds of the words occurring by chance? Less than one in 50 quadrillion, according to an article by Jeffrey Satinover in the October issue of Bible Review."

Satinover is a psychiatrist and lecturer on the relationship between science and religion. He commented: "I guess the bottom line is, if the research holds up and no flaw is found in the methodology, then I think the implication is clear that the authorship of Genesis is not human."

Unsettling though the implications are to mainstream science, the research has made it past the usual critical hurdles into two scientific journals: Statistical Science and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society.

Scientists familiar with the work can only say that, "Something weird seems to be happening." We certainly agree!

(Briggs, David; "Researchers: Word Patterns in Genesis Suggest Divine Writing," Chillicothe Gazette, October 28, 1995. Cr. J. Fry via COUD-I. COUD-I = Collectors of Unusual Data-International. The Gazette item was based on an Associated Press release.)

what proof!
what proof!

July 3rd, 2012, 1:56 am #2

You obviously don't know what "proof" is! But then again you aren't a scientist...

Details needed
Details needed

July 3rd, 2012, 7:26 am #3

It is rare that you see a "proof" of God vouched for in scientific journals. Some can find cryptic meanings in the works of Nostradamus, others see messages in crop circles. Forget those sources! A better one has been around for millennia.

The ancient Hebrew had no vowels and its 22 letters also represented numbers. The words were placed on the page without punctuation. What a perfect setup that would be for implanting a code. A code that humans were really only going to be able to see once technology reached a particular stage.

"By treating the text as an unbroken string of letters, and selecting sequences of equally spaced letters, three mathematicians discovered 300 hidden pairs of Hebrew words with related meanings in close proximity to one another.

Some of the words involved people who lived and events that occurred long after the Torah was written.

"The odds of the words occurring by chance? Less than one in 50 quadrillion, according to an article by Jeffrey Satinover in the October issue of Bible Review."

Satinover is a psychiatrist and lecturer on the relationship between science and religion. He commented: "I guess the bottom line is, if the research holds up and no flaw is found in the methodology, then I think the implication is clear that the authorship of Genesis is not human."

Unsettling though the implications are to mainstream science, the research has made it past the usual critical hurdles into two scientific journals: Statistical Science and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society.

Scientists familiar with the work can only say that, "Something weird seems to be happening." We certainly agree!

(Briggs, David; "Researchers: Word Patterns in Genesis Suggest Divine Writing," Chillicothe Gazette, October 28, 1995. Cr. J. Fry via COUD-I. COUD-I = Collectors of Unusual Data-International. The Gazette item was based on an Associated Press release.)
you cited a newspaper article, not a scientific journal article. Newspaper articles are pretty close to worthless as far as scientific credibility.

1. Please give us the names of the 3 mathmaticians who are mentioned and their institutional affiliations.

2. Please give us the mathematical journal where this proof was published. Journal name, volume, page numbers of the article please.

Naming the 2 journals Statistical Science and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society is meaningless without giving the articles that supposedly address this issue. Could you provide authors, year of publication, titles of papers, and the volumes/page numbers related to these 2 journals?

What are the names of the "scientists familiar with the work" who supposedly said "Something weird seems to be happening." That does NOT sound like they actually accept the explanation that is proposed but let's first see who they are, maybe that will help clarify things.

Only gullible people would accept anything like this on face value without at least finding out the sources of information. All I am asking for are the specific sources of information, not vague descriptions that mean nothing. Until I can read for myself the actual material, I would not be so dumb as to make any judgement on whether this information is true or false.

big mama
big mama

July 3rd, 2012, 11:06 am #4

i agree , there's lots of proof that there's a God who exists. If you ask people who deny that theres a God what proof they have that there's no God? all they can come up with is they cant "see" him anywhere thus there is no evidence he exists. Thats the weakest evidence anyone can have !

And all that incredible design in our world like birds and fish and even us humans our bodies are far far beyond any man made technology ! how did these things come about ??? by accident ?? if it was accident then why cant even man create living beings or creatures ? why cant he create life ??? the only thing he can create is a robot and things that have no life of themselves !!! see how foolish people who deny God look ? They dont have evidence all they have is a stubborn ,arrogant mind.

why cant man create life from dead matter ??? you and i know its impossible ! but yet we see new life coming from living matter itself . This shows that some greater power is at work causing this to happen. Life brings forth life. Theres a source of life . But scientists who deny God are looking to aliens (as if they have seen one) . Even though theres no sight of accual aliens , scientists refute the idea of a God create all life and seek there own man made ideas of aliens and other life out in space. This even has no evidence what so ever !

So you see how stubborn atheists are ? they refuse to believe and so by making up there own god(aliens) , they are trying to force it on to the public to belive what they have created so they to can "believe" in atleast something , even though its blind faith!

For the Silver Spooners
For the Silver Spooners

July 3rd, 2012, 12:26 pm #5

You obviously don't know what "proof" is! But then again you aren't a scientist...
@ What Proof, Firstly Look up the meaning of proof before you go splattering everyone with your stupidity
and secondly all you have to do is look up the references given, journals cited etc etc in the article.
ie) Statistical Science and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society.......Deeeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! This was given in the post. No-one is going to spoon feed you so look it up yourself.

The truth must be hard for you to swallow!!!

Proof may refer to:
Proof (truth), sufficient evidence or argument for the truth of a proposition
Formal proof
Mathematical proof, a convincing demonstration that some mathematical statement is necessarily true
Proof theory, a branch of mathematical logic that represents proofs as formal mathematical objects

EM NAU
EM NAU

July 3rd, 2012, 11:46 pm #6

@ what proof.

"You obviously don't know what "proof" is! But then again you aren't a scientist..."

Typical evolutionist response using the 'shut up' clause, patronising inquiring minds that only evolutionists have the key to knowledge.

Once one reads into macro-evolution with an open mind, the obvious fabrications will jump at you and you'll reject the made-up tales.

You don't need a PhD from Charlie Darwin University to know when you're being misled.

Please stick to science and report on observations and repeatable experiments.

Anon
Anon

July 4th, 2012, 6:41 pm #7

EM NAU,

Your brain works like that of any conspiracy theorist. You keep accusing everyone else of distorting the truth but the fact is (and will probably always remain) that the great majority of highly educated people don't buy into your little stories and theories.

The collective power of thinking minds to discern the truth will always be far greater than the scattered brains who settle on outlandish theories, then pick and choose only information that seems to back up what they're thinking.

There was a discussion some time back on this board talking about a phenomenon known as 'cherry picking' - people who pick and choose only what information suits their pet ideas.

You, my friend, are the ultimate cherry picker! And lest you use your tired old retort that scientists do the same thing, remember again that science and the secrets it reveals only proceeds through the COLLECTIVE wisdom of heaps of thinking minds from very learned people undoubtedly far more educated than you!

CW
CW

July 7th, 2012, 12:49 pm #8

i agree , there's lots of proof that there's a God who exists. If you ask people who deny that theres a God what proof they have that there's no God? all they can come up with is they cant "see" him anywhere thus there is no evidence he exists. Thats the weakest evidence anyone can have !

And all that incredible design in our world like birds and fish and even us humans our bodies are far far beyond any man made technology ! how did these things come about ??? by accident ?? if it was accident then why cant even man create living beings or creatures ? why cant he create life ??? the only thing he can create is a robot and things that have no life of themselves !!! see how foolish people who deny God look ? They dont have evidence all they have is a stubborn ,arrogant mind.

why cant man create life from dead matter ??? you and i know its impossible ! but yet we see new life coming from living matter itself . This shows that some greater power is at work causing this to happen. Life brings forth life. Theres a source of life . But scientists who deny God are looking to aliens (as if they have seen one) . Even though theres no sight of accual aliens , scientists refute the idea of a God create all life and seek there own man made ideas of aliens and other life out in space. This even has no evidence what so ever !

So you see how stubborn atheists are ? they refuse to believe and so by making up there own god(aliens) , they are trying to force it on to the public to belive what they have created so they to can "believe" in atleast something , even though its blind faith!
I see no evidence that the sky is red. Is that "the weakest evidence there is"?

I'm merely repeating your distorted form of logic!

You were born with a brain that has very interesting hard wiring. I strongly believe that your brain is simply incapable of logical thinking and that's why you'll always believe what you will.

Good luck, buddy. Live in your dream world and have a happy life.

EM NAU
EM NAU

July 9th, 2012, 12:47 am #9

EM NAU,

Your brain works like that of any conspiracy theorist. You keep accusing everyone else of distorting the truth but the fact is (and will probably always remain) that the great majority of highly educated people don't buy into your little stories and theories.

The collective power of thinking minds to discern the truth will always be far greater than the scattered brains who settle on outlandish theories, then pick and choose only information that seems to back up what they're thinking.

There was a discussion some time back on this board talking about a phenomenon known as 'cherry picking' - people who pick and choose only what information suits their pet ideas.

You, my friend, are the ultimate cherry picker! And lest you use your tired old retort that scientists do the same thing, remember again that science and the secrets it reveals only proceeds through the COLLECTIVE wisdom of heaps of thinking minds from very learned people undoubtedly far more educated than you!
"But the fact is, that the great majority of scientists...", thee you go again.

Numbers of people do not make up facts. If 80% of people believed the moon was made of cheese, does that make it a fact? What facts are you talking about? We're not talking about the 'fact' that there are large numbers of people believing in one religion or another.

Do those large numbers have the scientific facts?

All they have are unbelievable fairy tales.

Facts do not necessarily reside with great numbers of believers.

We talk about the lack of fossils linking man to single-celled creatures. That is fact.
There is no link, either living or fossil. THAT IS FACT. You avoid that fact but rush to the number of evolutionary scientists as fact.

Your fact is in numbers of believers. That does not deal with facts at all.

That is why I left evolution as a credible scientific discipline because creation science made more sense.

It's not in numbers.
We deal with facts. And evolution is a lie. Bug to man evolution never happened. That is fact.

EM NAU
EM NAU

July 9th, 2012, 6:46 am #10

EM NAU,

Great.

So lets see the evidence of all that COLLECTIVE wisdom.

Is there evidence of man evolving from lower forms of life?
Is man still evolving?

These and many more questions are being asked to which they have no clear answers.

I am reading all that literature and reject them as fabrications because the evidence is simply not there.

Numbers of believers do not make evolution as fact.

There is no evidence to suggest that man evolved from lower forms of life, nor is man still evolving, nor can that be said of any other creature like horses or dogs. Things appear as they always have been on the fossil record and it always will be the case. Macro-evolution never happened.

But you prefer to go with vast numbers of believers and that's your choice. I won't, and many more are waking up to the lies.