Real Estates????

Real Estates????

kombe mahn
kombe mahn

April 11th, 2011, 3:24 pm #1

Who are the real estate big boys in pom??
Can we discus on this and the price skyrocketting in tha capital!!!

cheerz

helper
helper

April 11th, 2011, 10:38 pm #2

Nasfund
Nambawan Super
Sir James Seeto (Kwila)
Steamships
Nambawan Trophy
Dadi Toka and Benedict Chan
Bernard Chan
Tin Tan and TST
Garamut and the Tjeong family
RH and RH directors
Pacific Property Trust
IPBC
Telikom
Post PNG
Johnson Tia
Rimbink Pato
Silas Kamuri
Peter ONeil
Kerenga Kua
Rio Fiocco

anon
anon

April 12th, 2011, 12:06 am #3

I think we should not include Lawyers and accountants and politicians on this list.

Mention people like;
1. Eke Lamah
2. Andy Kenamu etc.

anon
anon

April 12th, 2011, 12:07 am #4

Nasfund
Nambawan Super
Sir James Seeto (Kwila)
Steamships
Nambawan Trophy
Dadi Toka and Benedict Chan
Bernard Chan
Tin Tan and TST
Garamut and the Tjeong family
RH and RH directors
Pacific Property Trust
IPBC
Telikom
Post PNG
Johnson Tia
Rimbink Pato
Silas Kamuri
Peter ONeil
Kerenga Kua
Rio Fiocco
I think we should not include Lawyers and accountants and politicians on this list.

Mention people like;
1. Eke Lamah
2. Andy Kenamu etc.

Insider
Insider

April 12th, 2011, 5:32 am #5

What's the point? All of them wants to make millions overnight.
If they think they've raked in enough would it be kind to lower the rates for accommodation.

chicko
chicko

April 12th, 2011, 10:59 pm #6

fyi, I've recently enquired about a property at Gerehu Stage 5 - a housing commission house build in the colonial days. The current owner bought it for k80,000 in 2008 (revealed from bank mortgage details). However, he is trying to sell it for K250,000 now...it's amazing how the house trippled in value in the last 2yrs....man...we need the government to put in some policy to control these mass out of control real estate prices!!!!

kombe mahn`
kombe mahn`

April 13th, 2011, 8:31 am #7

the value of the propereties has skyrocketed as the LNG project and the economy booms.
there should be a government watchdog on real estate pricing and regualtions.

another point i would likento make is that, the landowners of taris are raking in properties in port moresby and all over pngnot long most of them are gonna be declared billionaires.

thirdly. it doesnt matter where they work or how they get their money but what we must know is that those influential realtors are controlling the market for pom.

Huli Buli
Huli Buli

April 18th, 2011, 7:03 am #8

They're not going to be declared billionaires because they have no common sense on how to look after and maintain their assets.

But tell me, why is it that some of these landowners have so much money? There are other landowners up at Hides who don't seem to have anything.

kombe mahn
kombe mahn

April 19th, 2011, 9:48 am #9

I gues its the wealth distributiion that is not fair in southern highlands and hela.
the bigmen mentality reigns over the people and the leaders.

the properties in papua new guinea.especially pom is controlled by a few and it could turn out to be a cartel where prices are controlled by groups to make more money.

whats the best way we could move forward???

HOMIE
HOMIE

April 21st, 2011, 10:14 am #10

The best way forward is for government to do up an housing policy that will regulate the real estate industry. The down side is that most members of parliament are into the real estate industry so I personally dont see any regulation in the industry for another 15 - 20 years time.