prostitution is the way to go

prostitution is the way to go

pisin
pisin

August 10th, 2006, 9:41 am #1

I'm in support for legalising prostitution in PNG. Get it legalized and forget about the matter, it’s a clean business and cam be properly managed. The industry can pay GST and perhaps reduce rape rate. One can argue about it being wrong but I think it’s the way to go.

Let’s face it prostitution is here to stay... having brothels and sex workers around us gives us the balance of a city life. Come to think of it this way.. All women including you have the potential of being a prostitute but you are not one.

In Pom we have two common types of prostitution.(i live in pom and worked with some career attractive women)
1. Street prostitution - any woman including underage gurls marketing off from streets and maybe subjected to abuse.
2. Call out prostitution - is high class career woman having a number of clients. She’s better off organising high profile clients an in to big bucks.

Therefore, regulating this industry will see more competitiveness in street prostitute’s income as compared to the call out prostitutes.
Legalizing sex industry will properly regulate Prostitution of children, Violence against prostitutes, Human (or sex) trafficking,

i believe in the potential benefits of legalizing and regulating prostitution. In this country our legal system penalizes prostitutes and their customers for what they do as consenting adults. Money is still spent on law enforcement efforts to catch prostitutes and their customers. Once caught, justice departments have to process these people through very expensive systems.

The prostitutes and their customers pay their fines and are back to the streets in no time in a revolving door process. Catch and release may work for recreational BARAMANDI fishing but it has no deterring affect on prostitution. Making prostitution legal will allow the act to be managed instead of ignored, and guess what; you and i end up paying higher taxes for this catch and release program.

mind you i believe an active prostitute may operate for roughly 5 yrs and may consider other careers or business opportunity.

to cut the many good reasons short, Legalized, regulated prostitution has many benefits. Encounters can happen within controlled environments that bring about safety for both the customers and the prostitutes. Prostitutes would no longer be strong-armed by pimps or organized crime rings. Underage prostitution would be reduced. There would also be health-safety improvements.

em tasol disela liklik et fo mi inap tingim tete

pisin says tweet tweet tweet

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 10th, 2006, 6:30 pm #2

Where is self respect,morals and dignity gone?

p
p

August 10th, 2006, 11:18 pm #3

I'm in support for legalising prostitution in PNG. Get it legalized and forget about the matter, it’s a clean business and cam be properly managed. The industry can pay GST and perhaps reduce rape rate. One can argue about it being wrong but I think it’s the way to go.

Let’s face it prostitution is here to stay... having brothels and sex workers around us gives us the balance of a city life. Come to think of it this way.. All women including you have the potential of being a prostitute but you are not one.

In Pom we have two common types of prostitution.(i live in pom and worked with some career attractive women)
1. Street prostitution - any woman including underage gurls marketing off from streets and maybe subjected to abuse.
2. Call out prostitution - is high class career woman having a number of clients. She’s better off organising high profile clients an in to big bucks.

Therefore, regulating this industry will see more competitiveness in street prostitute’s income as compared to the call out prostitutes.
Legalizing sex industry will properly regulate Prostitution of children, Violence against prostitutes, Human (or sex) trafficking,

i believe in the potential benefits of legalizing and regulating prostitution. In this country our legal system penalizes prostitutes and their customers for what they do as consenting adults. Money is still spent on law enforcement efforts to catch prostitutes and their customers. Once caught, justice departments have to process these people through very expensive systems.

The prostitutes and their customers pay their fines and are back to the streets in no time in a revolving door process. Catch and release may work for recreational BARAMANDI fishing but it has no deterring affect on prostitution. Making prostitution legal will allow the act to be managed instead of ignored, and guess what; you and i end up paying higher taxes for this catch and release program.

mind you i believe an active prostitute may operate for roughly 5 yrs and may consider other careers or business opportunity.

to cut the many good reasons short, Legalized, regulated prostitution has many benefits. Encounters can happen within controlled environments that bring about safety for both the customers and the prostitutes. Prostitutes would no longer be strong-armed by pimps or organized crime rings. Underage prostitution would be reduced. There would also be health-safety improvements.

Pisin.
I am sorry to say, your justification is one-sided - nailed on prostitution itself that you missed the essential factors that makes what it is. The analysis doesn't factor other important elements into it.

Have a careful read again on the following posting and see if that makes sense to you.

Prostitution is not talked down purely on moral and religious grounds.
Far from it. There are social, economic, physiological and political dimensions to it.

Prostitution brings in planeloads and shiploads of bad people. Excuse my typical examples here:

* 1000 Filipino ladies every month coming into PNG to find job in the trade.
* Asian Human traders colluding with corrupt Foreign Affairs Officers
to bring them in.

Is our Foreign Affairs Department resourced and well established to police such a perceived mess? We already have huge queues of migration related issues yet to be sorted out.

* Dysfunctional health facilities in Port Moresby, let alone other provincial
hospitals’ sorry state. How will they facilitate and cater for the influx of
male and female prostitutes? Rape and outright abuse is already happening in Logging sites. Is the government addressing this issue well for the benefit of the local communities? What hope is there for the people to protect themselves against another onslaught of filth and abuse?

*Asians and other foreigners are landless. They have no way to make a living if they're not employed. Is this the same in PNG? NO, we have free land, marine resources and clean water to live on.

*Massive influx of people will lead to accommodation rates hitting sky roof prices. It is already getting worse by the day now. How much worse are we advocating here? Many PNGean employees will be driven to the squatter settlements. There will be huge strain on social services and infrastructure. NCD and other city authorities are handicapped to do anything meaningful now. What is the guarantee that they will do a good job with the changed landscape.

PNG must advocate its own version of development. We must not be misled (brianwashed) to believe that what happens/works in other countries will work in PNG (for the good).

Pro Sex Worker Advocate
Pro Sex Worker Advocate

August 11th, 2006, 6:30 am #4

Prostitution is now a neglected word, the correct word which is internationally recognized is sex work for the profession and for the person it is called SEX WORKER.

This is becomming a profession of its own with international networks, you guess howmany sex workers were in Germany during the World Cup. Hundreds of Thousands.

Lets recognize them and regulate, and make it clean and commercial. Lets not pretend.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 12th, 2006, 3:43 am #5

same thing.

Prostitute-sexworker
Prostitution- sexwork...

what's the difference?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 12th, 2006, 2:48 pm #6

Prostitution is now a neglected word, the correct word which is internationally recognized is sex work for the profession and for the person it is called SEX WORKER.

This is becomming a profession of its own with international networks, you guess howmany sex workers were in Germany during the World Cup. Hundreds of Thousands.

Lets recognize them and regulate, and make it clean and commercial. Lets not pretend.
Does not make any difference whatever name you want to call it, it’s the same old thing. Why legalize it and make it clean, if people want to be promiscuous then they have to be willing to pay the consequences. Simple as that.

Smiles

Passing By
Passing By

August 14th, 2006, 4:13 am #7

Lets face it. You can resist the change, but you cannot stop it. It will come to pass that Sex Worker profession will be accepted evetually here in PNG! Even though it is illegal here its happening right under your nose and nobody can do much about it.

Lets give it a proper name and call it what everyone else around the world does: Sex Work or Sex Worker.

SEM BLO YUPLA
SEM BLO YUPLA

August 15th, 2006, 9:32 am #8

Did you all c da documentary on ABC last nite it showed prostitutions in Mt hAgen and how they can b wun fast way of spreading HIV/AIDS trangu yupela supotim ol lain olsem. wat they can't go make a garden and grow food or try and get a beta education. seriously how can women use their bodies for wrong. abusing their bodies letting men dump their rubbish in them. Sumthin should seriously be done about this issue because i believe this is wun thing we don't need right now if we are heading towards the way of development!
WOMEN UR BODY IS A TEMPLE< THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD AND YOU ARE LETTING URSELF FALL TO TEMPTATION. i m sorry life may not b easy in this country but i c sum pipol actually trying to get a job and actually tring to get a proper education why should these pamuks have life easier!

S
S

August 15th, 2006, 10:14 am #9

Tru stret!! Prostitution is usually a last resort and is just about the lowest of low anyone, man or woman can stoop. We are not lacking in anything that could provide these women with the necesities they need to live life in their villages.
As far fetched as it seems, it all comes down to the government and the services they provide. If the government of the day (in their right minds) provide the basic services and infrastructure that these women and the rest of PNG needs to survive in their respective villages then such problems wouldn't be as prevalent as they are today.
Legalizing prostitution may be an alternative, but I honestly doubt the government and Papua New Guineans for that matter can handle the problems that arise from legalizing this trade.

ANTI PAMUKS
ANTI PAMUKS

August 16th, 2006, 12:18 pm #10

TRU DAT!