PNG needs a new government

PNG needs a new government

New man
New man

January 15th, 2012, 12:27 pm #1

Citizens must raise up to protect our Constitution
If we truly love our country, our democracy and our constitution then let’s makes 2012 Election count. let us all (citizen) of our nation raise up and stand for justice. We have seen and heard our current Politian’s. Is that the best they can do for PNG? Fighting for power and money seem to be the progressive development. The question we need to be asking is can we trust them for another five years to lead us in advancement and growth.
They have revealed their true intent and motives as to why they are in politics, not for the 7 million plus but from themselves.
Leaders in parliament will come and leaders will go- some great leaders, some average and others poor but what will remain is the power of our constitution that gives birth to our democracy and that is the very essence of our power and government. So we cannot compromise with the constitution. This must be up held for the shake our children and grandchildren by both the MP’s and all citizens alike. We have a mutual responsible towards our children and their future.

The SC with its mandate (given by the virtue of our constitution) have made a decision concerning the PM positions and found no vacancy. That is clear the experts have delivered the verdict. And the court’s decision should be respected.
I neither support Oneil nor Somare regime. I think both camps have no respect for the people and the constitution so I think less of them. They are wasting time and our money in fact the only logical conclusion is for the GG to recall parliament and call for fresh election and let the people of PNG choose who should run the next government.
Now personal speaking, I think The Grand Chief is a good man in his early days he started well, He had a heart of a true father and no doubt he will go down in Our history as the father of our nation but with the influence of his son and others in his latter years, He has allowed , under his watch the very system that he has built and worked hard for all his life to be racked and High-jack by a few in his regime and that was his down fall and many have lost respect calling him names and so we all wanted a change. So the in house politic and tension between Don and Able and others in NA regime broke ranks to form government with the opposition.
So, who cares about the people politicians certainly don’t give a stuff and who care about the constitution. I thought the SC and the politician namba wan duty is to uphold and protect our constitution and the rule of law. Are Politicians greater than the rule of law?
(Majority rules anyway this is democracy).People want a change so let's capitalize on that ,delivery some services and fix some problems and get the people on our side. At least let us demonstrate to the people that we the Oneil government are better than Somare regime}Sure NA breakaway, Don and Oneil were never with somare regime .They are innocent, They could have not stood up for justice and fought corruption when with Somare but now have new muscles . The Question is why didn't they do that when with Somare. They allowed the system to be High-jack by friends and team mates and hardly said a thing .Now they are speak against corruption since election is near. Hypocritical isn’t it.

Who stuffs the constitution, an election is coming up soon, we need to stay in power, control government and come back to take Government after 2012 election. That is most important. In the mean time we can break the law and the SC decision that's nothing.
Our people are all dumb and stupid we only need to buy them and make our way back to parliament
In 2012 election all we need is money and we will get it through whatever means to win this election.

Well in a constitutional democracy this is not the case. My appeal to all PNG is .. Can we stand for our constitution, our democracy and our freedom (Not for Somare or Oneil ) They are here today and gone tomorrow . Let’s do the right thing for our children protect our democracy and our constitution. These cow boys must go!
We must not let them come back. Where is the people power ? Let's not play politics please choose real leaders this time round.
* I don't know the powers of the GG. Why can't He recall parliament and call for fresh elections that seem to the right thing to do. What is Power of GG in our constitution or the office just a rubber stamp for the government.
* Is Somare regime taking Oneil regime to court on contempt of SC order? Will that ever happen before election, is there a possibility, if so what will be the outcome?

We have seen and we have learnt by now.PNG can do better. The right thing to do is to elect a government, have new blood, new leaders. Educated elites should lead the ordinary people to create the right change in government in this coming 2012 election. Now is the time to be patriotic about our country. Yes, New blood new leadership new government can this be a possibility?? It's not impossible!!
Evil is increasing because many good men just talk and do nothing.
Concern Kantri man

Joey
Joey

May 16th, 2012, 6:48 am #2

PNG needs a new government...absolutely!
I'm all for a Republican form of government, Full Presidential System for PNG. Personally i believe Democracy ain't gonna make much progress, i'm with Aristotle in saying that Democracy is the second lowest form of government before dictatorship.

confused
confused

June 9th, 2012, 1:30 am #3

You make no sense. You don't think democracy will make any difference yet you propose a republic. What gives, mate?