PNG Digicel stars was an utter disaster

PNG Digicel stars was an utter disaster

honestly speakin
honestly speakin

December 20th, 2010, 3:57 am #1

I think the show was one of the most outragous music competition show I have ever seen on live TV. Clearly the judges didn't know what they were talking about, the contestants were always trying to defend themselves when they got critised by the judges, duh? It goes to clearly show the contestants themselves didnt have any confidence in the judges, people like sharlene Gawi and Alison Joyce and Lorna whatever, whom most of us have never heard of them, don't know how many records or songs they've produced. I think Allen Keda was the only respected person on the panel.

Even the voters kept voting people who screamt in the Mic and ran out of air back time and time again for reasons I can't comprehend. Sharlene Gawi kept talking about the christian message in songs, when clearly the show was about talented voices and not christan messages.

Moses Tau was the critical catalyst of weirdness in the show and;
Finally an Idiot got announced the winner, and digicel made pretty good money out of it

mmmmm
mmmmm

December 21st, 2010, 12:50 am #2

Who won ?

TJ
TJ

December 21st, 2010, 11:38 pm #3

I think the show was one of the most outragous music competition show I have ever seen on live TV. Clearly the judges didn't know what they were talking about, the contestants were always trying to defend themselves when they got critised by the judges, duh? It goes to clearly show the contestants themselves didnt have any confidence in the judges, people like sharlene Gawi and Alison Joyce and Lorna whatever, whom most of us have never heard of them, don't know how many records or songs they've produced. I think Allen Keda was the only respected person on the panel.

Even the voters kept voting people who screamt in the Mic and ran out of air back time and time again for reasons I can't comprehend. Sharlene Gawi kept talking about the christian message in songs, when clearly the show was about talented voices and not christan messages.

Finally an Idiot got announced the winner, and digicel made pretty good money out of it
The show was entertaining for me NOT because of the music talents presented but because the show was like a circus full of clowns and monkeys. The contestants made me laugh my hearts out from the begining of the show till the end. It was just like watching chimpmunks on a Children's TV show. The dressing of the contestants were disgusting and very shamefull and not to mentioned the song choice did not suit the singing ability of each contestant. Not one of them convinced me that they are any good enough for TV presentation. Joseph was i think had what it takes but was not mentored thoroughly enough. All the judges commentaries were no where near. They kept on saying the same thing week in week out. They made a fool of themselves big time. Moses Tau's broken english was very embarrasing and I must say I did not get what he was trying to get accross to the poor contestants. He kept on say the word "So" as "Sor" as if there's a R at the end of the word. DAH?????????. The audio of the live music by EMTV was crap. You can actually hear the echo of the MC in the background. It was like Television in the early day of the 60s. It's the biggest embarrasement in the history of PNG music and Television.

I suggest the show shouldn't be done live but recorded then edited before putting to air.
Last edited by DeFlash on December 22nd, 2010, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Think Tank
Think Tank

December 24th, 2010, 11:59 pm #4

For those who don't know who Alyson Joyce is, go to this link.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&s ... =&gs_rfai=

Mero
Mero

December 31st, 2010, 6:02 am #5

I would think people who would make better judges should be sound engineers, and those involved in producing musicians - not a singer/musician coz its other people who actully engineer the recordings before it goes out to the public.
They would be the ones to be the judges

anon
anon

January 2nd, 2011, 2:41 am #6

Well I have watched both Alison and Sharlene.
I personally think they are the best in their music talent and voice.

Alison is internationally renowned.
Sharlene is the very best PNG grown, 10 times better than those overseas exports

MM

LOL
LOL

January 3rd, 2011, 5:17 am #7

Did you watch sharlene's performance during the Ms South Pacific Pageant?? You call that world class..haha it was far worst than Gedix Atege.. PNG's most worthless singer...her perfomance was far more shamefully than the disgracefully performance by Ms PNG that horrific night...

Nrukuls
Nrukuls

January 7th, 2011, 1:37 am #8

Looks like the WINNER IS DIGICEL

Wanbel
Wanbel

January 16th, 2011, 11:39 pm #9

I would think people who would make better judges should be sound engineers, and those involved in producing musicians - not a singer/musician coz its other people who actully engineer the recordings before it goes out to the public.
They would be the ones to be the judges
Mero,
mi agree stret lo tok blo u. how can moses TAU & the other so call artists become judges?
Upla ol sound engineers o? you're just an artist. So next upla dgcel like wokim ken, kisim ol rite line lo kamap judge.

Sharlene Kylie Gawi
Sharlene Kylie Gawi

June 17th, 2011, 1:10 am #10

Did you watch sharlene's performance during the Ms South Pacific Pageant?? You call that world class..haha it was far worst than Gedix Atege.. PNG's most worthless singer...her perfomance was far more shamefully than the disgracefully performance by Ms PNG that horrific night...
I'd like to see you try

I am open to criticism so send me a message or respond to this with some indightful and specific pointers that I can use to better myself.

Blessed day to you
Sharlene