Need a Tok Pisin Bible...

Need a Tok Pisin Bible...

Mi laikim Tok Pisin Bible
Mi laikim Tok Pisin Bible

September 4th, 2007, 2:09 am #1

hi,

i live in Japan and i really need a "Tok Pisin Bible." a small pocket size Pidgin-engilsh Bible or even better if there is any "free" soft copies.

i would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me on how i can obtain a copy of this priceless book.

if any brother or sister feel moved by God's goodnews to come to my aid, please contact me.

my email is: tpaset@gmail.com

Ralph Hamilton
Ralph Hamilton

September 4th, 2007, 2:57 am #2

Wantok,
I was part of the team that typeset the Bible in Tokpisin. But that was 30 years ago.

It was done for the Uniting Church. I would have tried the Uniting Church Printshop in Rabaul, but I guess it is no longer there. Kristen Pres in Madang, is another placce I would try. If that exists still. I have tried lots of searshes on the internet for that article with no success.

I too am after a copy. So it shows you, that despite all beliefs I do have Christian friends. There are no free copies that you can download, to my kniowledge. No one nowadays seems to know of the existance of the Tokpisin Bibel, but I can assure you, there is such a thing.

Regards......Ralph.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2007, 3:32 am #3

hi,

i live in Japan and i really need a "Tok Pisin Bible." a small pocket size Pidgin-engilsh Bible or even better if there is any "free" soft copies.

i would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me on how i can obtain a copy of this priceless book.

if any brother or sister feel moved by God's goodnews to come to my aid, please contact me.

my email is: tpaset@gmail.com
Get someone to mail it to you from home. The Christian bookshops would still sell them.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2007, 9:17 am #4

Wantok,
I was part of the team that typeset the Bible in Tokpisin. But that was 30 years ago.

It was done for the Uniting Church. I would have tried the Uniting Church Printshop in Rabaul, but I guess it is no longer there. Kristen Pres in Madang, is another placce I would try. If that exists still. I have tried lots of searshes on the internet for that article with no success.

I too am after a copy. So it shows you, that despite all beliefs I do have Christian friends. There are no free copies that you can download, to my kniowledge. No one nowadays seems to know of the existance of the Tokpisin Bibel, but I can assure you, there is such a thing.

Regards......Ralph.
Ralph,

thanks alot for the assurance that there is a such a copy. Do you think some of these CHristian books in the country sale them (supposing if there is any)?

If not im also willing to obtain a copy...and am wiling to meet the necessary costs. Can anyone help me?

TP

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2007, 9:18 am #5

Get someone to mail it to you from home. The Christian bookshops would still sell them.
yeah,

thanks if only i could get in touch with someone who knows a Christian bookshop selling this........

tpaset

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2007, 10:47 am #6

Ralph,

thanks alot for the assurance that there is a such a copy. Do you think some of these CHristian books in the country sale them (supposing if there is any)?

If not im also willing to obtain a copy...and am wiling to meet the necessary costs. Can anyone help me?

TP
TP na Ralph, i gat tokpisin bible long Lae long christen buk centre...ating long town (sapos i stap yet)...any Lae folks inap long sekim na helpim tupela, plis.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2007, 4:15 pm #7

thanks bro. i'll wait and see if anyone wiling to help

tp

KJV
KJV

September 5th, 2007, 1:18 am #8

Wantok,

Regards......Ralph.
Hey Ralph, just out of interest if you can recall, which version of the Bible was translated into Tokpisin?

Ralph Hamilton
Ralph Hamilton

September 12th, 2007, 4:33 am #9

Gee,
you are stretching the old grey cells a bit there.

As far as I can recall it was the King James version.

Regards......Ralph.

Scaper Tasol
Scaper Tasol

September 12th, 2007, 5:21 am #10

Ralph,

Luk olsem, yu tu yu wanpla lotu mahn stret. Mi congratulatim yu long reconversion blo yu. Papa God iken blessim gutpla heart, lewa na soul blo yu.

Wanpla question tasol, wanem lotu or mission blo yu? Sapos inogat emi orait.

Scaper