Minning Engineering

Minning Engineering

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 16th, 2008, 10:16 am #1

I am thinking to take up minning engineering so i need some advice from the minning students. My families say its not @ demand right now but i really like it. if you are taking up minning engineering i need your help.

Wil
Wil

September 17th, 2008, 11:16 pm #2

hi,
its up to u...but all i can say is look around,on the news and in the newspapers,there are heaps of mines sprouting everywhere and most of the mine engineers have now found jobs abroad....

the academic life and course work is hard and needs alot of commitment but in the end the rewards are enormous...

the ball is in yr court...

cheers,,

wil

rhc
rhc

September 18th, 2008, 8:41 am #3

Boy,

Your family must be living in some cave if they think mining is not in demand right cause it is just that atm.

Boy graduate this year and there will certainly be job waiting for you. Oh Big bucks too yah.

been there and now one of em.

cheers

RHC

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 18th, 2008, 1:39 pm #4

thanks boys, that really hit me. am gonna consider that, you guys are really cool.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 19th, 2008, 4:52 pm #5

hey, have you considered a career path as petroleum engineer, this is one field that I regreted getting into during my school days...money is beyond anyone dreams given today's petroleum boom all around. I know people...pngeans that is, that are making upwards of 50,000 kina month..period!

Anon
Anon

September 22nd, 2008, 4:52 am #6

Hey bro I think Patroleum engineering is the best..I'm not studying it but my bros studying it and says that its really on demand overseas.....So u can just study this then apply overseas and they'll easily get u..

interested
interested

September 30th, 2008, 2:35 am #7

hey, have you considered a career path as petroleum engineer, this is one field that I regreted getting into during my school days...money is beyond anyone dreams given today's petroleum boom all around. I know people...pngeans that is, that are making upwards of 50,000 kina month..period!
can you give more info on petroleum engineering course please?
Like how do I apply and to which department at Unitech if they are offering it. Entry requirments...etc

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2008, 5:57 am #8

Surf the net for more information esp on the trade itself. If you're living in Lae, visit the Engineering dept and make an appointment to see a lecturer who is willing to help point you in the right direction or see your guidiance officer.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2008, 2:13 pm #9

Bro, i don't think petroleum engineering is offered anywhere in PNG, but best would be to go into mechanical engineering at UNITECH or better still geology or geophysics at UPNG; from there the transistion into pet engineering would be much easier. Or if there are opportunities to study abroad, that would be even better coz then you could go straight into a petroleum eng. degree course. There are few unis in Australia that offer this course. My profession is in Petroleum Geology, which itself is not that bad as an alternative and also in high demand, I might add.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2008, 10:21 am #10

Olsem wanem , mining is strictly for boys or meri can apply tu,o?????????