Is wantokism rampant in the public service

Is wantokism rampant in the public service

Hela
Hela

August 22nd, 2011, 12:22 am #1

Is wantokism rampant in the public service? Do you think our public sector should reflect the beautiful ethnic diversity of this country? Do you think some goverment departments are becoming ethnicized or tribalised?

From my personal observation, I hardly see people or ethnic groups from Western Province, Goilala or Kukukukuku people in our public sevice.I see some goverment agencies being dominated by people from a particular area. For instace, Narcotics Bureau of PNG and PNG Climatic Office.

Yes, yes, and yes
Yes, yes, and yes

August 22nd, 2011, 3:33 am #2

If a 'Kukukuku' person ever heard you referring to them by that word, you'd become one of their smoked bodies before you had a chance to defend yourself.

Ralph Hamilton
Ralph Hamilton

August 28th, 2011, 10:18 pm #3

Haha,
I find the PNG Public Pervice endearing.

In Australia momsny Govt. Depts. have signs up, proclaiming a fee for "Priority Service". So if you can't afford to wait the usual 2 or 3 weeks you pay a Priority Service Fee. This goes into Consolidated Revenue, or somewhere equally boring.

Now. In PNG, you get some poor underpaid demoralized fellow handling your matter. You open the bidding, by asking. Igat Priority Serviss Fee long dipela samting. You can see3 his eyes light up. So you hand over a few Somare Heads. So what! It is only Monopoly Money anyhow. So the poor bloke is galvanised into action, and your matter is attended to promptly. At least the money goes to feeding his family, or paying his kid's school fees. A win win situation.

Regards......Ralph.

...mE
...mE

August 31st, 2011, 7:16 am #4

@Ralf....

Sometimes I wonder why Aust Govt dispise the actions of some locals here who just copying from those aussies.

they say "copy is the most flattery" but hey.... just bear with it

...mE

Ralph Hamilton
Ralph Hamilton

August 31st, 2011, 7:48 am #5

Hi mate,
just stirring as you maight guess.

Whilst it is somewhat true, I thought I would act like the arrogant aussie kiobada, to see how many bites I got.

Jus fishin......Ralph.

...mE
...mE

September 4th, 2011, 1:00 am #6

Idle mind can be dangerous!!

So its better to say something even though its controversial or stupid hehehehe

adios!

...mE

CURioUS
CURioUS

September 4th, 2011, 1:33 am #7

mE, it's important that we get out in front and support the Grand Chief during his time in need. Will you join me?

...mE
...mE

September 4th, 2011, 1:44 am #8

You need to tell mE what you want mE to do first
Then mE will say yes o no

yu tok!

...mE

wow
wow

September 4th, 2011, 11:22 am #9

Gee, did you see the big blast of wind that came your way??????

Eunice
Eunice

September 5th, 2011, 6:45 am #10

You need to tell mE what you want mE to do first
Then mE will say yes o no

yu tok!

...mE
Maybe we should find out quick where that Facebook page is where the Chief's hospital costs are being rubbished left and right.