Is infant baptism and baptism by sprinkling biblical?

Is infant baptism and baptism by sprinkling biblical?

Mockey
Mockey

May 1st, 2006, 2:48 am #1

There are religious systems that practice these types of baptisms and I just want to discuss with anyone who interested in this subject. I myself do not believe in this because I think that they were just man made modifications but are not biblical practises.

Mockey

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 1st, 2006, 6:21 am #2

read the forum....and you get your answers. this subject matter has been discussed. In sort, its bibical for baptism.

Believer
Believer

October 14th, 2006, 4:27 am #3

There are religious systems that practice these types of baptisms and I just want to discuss with anyone who interested in this subject. I myself do not believe in this because I think that they were just man made modifications but are not biblical practises.

Mockey
Regarding infant baptism and baptism biblical? Yes it is biblical. You know why there was no infant baptism in the early christianity? Because the early Christians were unbelievers, that is why they were accepted into Christianity through the water, deep. Today, is different unless you are non_christian becoming Christian. Thats is why infant baptism is valid and biblical because Jesus said to his disciples, go to all the WORLD and baptist them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. That's all you have to say. So, I ask you this question,"if some one wants to be baptist is a desert what do you do? I beleive that you can use any liquid oil for baptism and still it will be valid. So don't treat the bible as a newspaper. God bless
Believer

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2006, 12:20 pm #4

Treat the Bible as a newspaper? Then, tell me the exact scripture that says that infant sprinkling is biblical, so meaning there is a record of an infant being baptised in the new testament! For Jesus showed us the example which we should follow and he was dedicated as a baby but baptised as an adult. For an infant doesn't fully understand what baptism means and I'm sorry to say that you don't don't either.

God bless

Rocky
Rocky

October 16th, 2006, 1:23 am #5

What in hell do you know about the Bible!

Dwell on biblical evidences rather than men-made emotions and assumptions. Where in the bible does it outlaw infant baptism? That posting you responded to holds more water than your empty assumptions. At least he used the bible to back him up.

You are making a grand job shooting yourself in the foot, then putting that big foot in thine mouth. You are dwelling on man-made definitions rather than biblical premises. You must quote from the bible where it says sprinkling/pouring of water and infant baptism are unholy and that full immersion baptism of adults only are the only way. Jesus says to baptise all nations, not adults. He said to baptise all nations "in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost", not full immersion of adults only. In his conversation with Nicodemus, Jesus said to be baptised with water and in spirit, not full immersion of adults only. Why is the bible so silent about the style of baptism? If the form of baptism is so important, why did not the bible accentuate this, rather than men accentuating forms of baptism? So who is practicing men-made teachings?

You want to mention the bible, then quote from the bible to back you up. No wonder there are 32,000 false christian religions on earth because so-called ministers claim what they say is biblical and you jump up in joy, clap your hands and shout Hell-eluya without challenging those agents of the devil.

Confucious
Confucious

October 17th, 2006, 1:39 am #6

Treat the Bible as a newspaper? Then, tell me the exact scripture that says that infant sprinkling is biblical, so meaning there is a record of an infant being baptised in the new testament! For Jesus showed us the example which we should follow and he was dedicated as a baby but baptised as an adult. For an infant doesn't fully understand what baptism means and I'm sorry to say that you don't don't either.

God bless
Simeon circumcised Jesus the Christ when Christ was a mere an eight day old baby. When Christianity did away with circumcision, what did it replace circumcision with?

Over to you.

Faithful
Faithful

October 17th, 2006, 6:33 am #7

God bless
You read the bible yourself. And don't inteprete the bible like a newspaper because bible is a word of God. If the infant is created in the image of God, it is important to baptism him or her. Treat any human being from the womb to adults as image of God. Your concern is a narrow minded believe. Please see God in a bigger picture of his CREATION, (infant and Adult) all belong to God.
Faitful

Faithful
Faithful

October 17th, 2006, 6:38 am #8

What in hell do you know about the Bible!

Dwell on biblical evidences rather than men-made emotions and assumptions. Where in the bible does it outlaw infant baptism? That posting you responded to holds more water than your empty assumptions. At least he used the bible to back him up.

You are making a grand job shooting yourself in the foot, then putting that big foot in thine mouth. You are dwelling on man-made definitions rather than biblical premises. You must quote from the bible where it says sprinkling/pouring of water and infant baptism are unholy and that full immersion baptism of adults only are the only way. Jesus says to baptise all nations, not adults. He said to baptise all nations "in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost", not full immersion of adults only. In his conversation with Nicodemus, Jesus said to be baptised with water and in spirit, not full immersion of adults only. Why is the bible so silent about the style of baptism? If the form of baptism is so important, why did not the bible accentuate this, rather than men accentuating forms of baptism? So who is practicing men-made teachings?

You want to mention the bible, then quote from the bible to back you up. No wonder there are 32,000 false christian religions on earth because so-called ministers claim what they say is biblical and you jump up in joy, clap your hands and shout Hell-eluya without challenging those agents of the devil.
Good on you, if infant baptism is unholy than where does it says it. we all created in God's image and likeness as says in the book of Genesis, than it doesn't matter whether a infant is baptised.
Thanks mate

Ronny
Ronny

October 22nd, 2006, 9:44 am #9

You read the bible yourself. And don't inteprete the bible like a newspaper because bible is a word of God. If the infant is created in the image of God, it is important to baptism him or her. Treat any human being from the womb to adults as image of God. Your concern is a narrow minded believe. Please see God in a bigger picture of his CREATION, (infant and Adult) all belong to God.
Faitful
We don¡¯t have to go into conclusion, as a matter of fact, this issue is to be discussed openly and in a christian way. Fighting doesn¡¯t really depict the type of people we claim to be as christians.

First of all, I¡¯ve done a little bit of reading and found the passage that some one quoted from previously from Matt 28:19. I actually read the whole verse and and also verse 20 and it really made much sense;

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It is true that the bible is not just a newspaper, therefore when we read, we must also think logically because these people in the bible times were not stupids, they were artisans and scholars.

Think about these 3 main points

[1] Teach all nations
[2] Baptizing them
[3] Observe all things / obey whatso ever Jesus commanded.

The question we have think about is;
Can we teach an infant, especially the bible doctrines? Because an infant will have to make a dessions to be baptised.
Can an infant observe all things that the Lord has commanded?

For more info, bout baptism, read John 1:28, John 3:23

Have nice day

Ronny

Rocky
Rocky

October 23rd, 2006, 4:22 am #10

Ronny, I was watched Ps Mark Finley on the Hope TV Channel last night (Sunday about 9 pm, AEST). The pastor was preaching about the upsurge of Adventism in Russia and Poland. The pastor showed slides of his participation of baptism of Peter, a teenage Polish drug addict who had never heard of God. Peter had a tumour which has spread so fast that he only had days to live. Ps Finley happened to be preaching at a nearby town. Peter's mother heard of Finley's sessions and went to invite Ps Finely inviting him to her home to baptise Peter. In the pastor's own words, "What do I do? We were miles from any river, lakes or the sea." The pastor said he then asked Peter's mother to fill the bath tub with water, which she did. Then he baptised Peter in the bath tub by fully immersing Peter in the tub water. Peter lived one month as opposed to days of life, before cancer eventually claimed his life.

Problem with your posting in relation to Ps Finley's experience Ronny, is that Peter has not heard of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, yet he was baptised. Sounds inconsistent to me.