How good is MEndi In both Rugby Codes

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 4:05 am #11

Can anyone tell me how gud are these guys? took out the SP cup & now the MRDC PNG Rugby Union Sevens...what about the so-call high flyers from POM & LAE,,,pls ol mangi lo ples wipim ass blo yupla yah,,shame yah,,
Last edited by 7milebeach on December 27th, 2006, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 3:55 pm #12

Brother i am 100 per cent with u. They think they are da best in PNG or sumting. **** off POM try give other centres a chance. U know its not that u are in da city so yeah they'll choose u man get a life. And to the coach its time u should start looking at outside centres as well.
Last edited by 7milebeach on December 27th, 2006, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

chief
chief

December 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm #13

union will never take of in this country how can league players walk in and just run amuck on players who have been playing the game for yonks must be something you try figure dat one out

x unitech
x unitech

January 5th, 2007, 9:35 am #14

Absolutely agree that union will never take off if the selection of players is biased. I have first hand experience of players who could have easily made the PNG squad had they been given the chance to represent PNG in union.

Many of them left to pursue rugby league and sucesfully represented teams like the Lae Bombers & POM Vipers back in the days! Some of them even made it into the Kumul squad. PNGRFU officials have turned a blind eye to this exodus of potential union stars - these talents just slipped through the hands of people like Robin Tarere; to name a few Petrus Thomas, Robert Tela, (they were former unitech students).

It is shocking to see that selection is still biased nowadays. When are pukpuks going to be selected on merits alone?

x unitech

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm #15

Yes Mendi is a good rugby league team....winning the sevens only shows that rugby union in PNG is, pardon my french, but its ****.

Any other SP Cup team would have won that competition, hey which gives me an idea, see yous next year at the MRDC Sevens.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 27th, 2007, 3:49 am #16

pom are terrible.... what a waste of talent...these are the guys that went to singapore with the png 7s team and then they only won one game.
they come back to the MRDC 7s and get beaten by manus and kimbe. whoever was in charge of the selection to go to singapore should have just sent the mendi team. they probably wouldve won!!!

GO MENDI....OL KAM GUD YAH!!!!
Obviously you don't know your facts. The png rookies to Singapore do not come under the PNG Rugby Rugby Union Sellection Panel. It was under a privately funded quest, Douglas Guise Rugby Quest, now known as TURAGU RUGBY.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 27th, 2007, 3:54 am #17

tru tumas. it is a BIG disgrace for the so-called big boys of rugby to get upstaged by blokes who don't play union but can just wander in from playing league to go undefeated and walk away with the 20,000 bucks prize.
so mipela ol style mangi blo lae na pom mas askim yumi yet sampela tough question about how we train/play/select etc. kan.

fed up na pist off rugby player in lae
It was a good win but unfortunately they ended up fighting amongst themselves for the price money. na share blo mi tu we?