For PNG Research Higher Degree scholars (Science) in Oz Unies

For PNG Research Higher Degree scholars (Science) in Oz Unies

Anas
Anas

July 13th, 2004, 1:00 am #1

Do you plan to showcase your research work (regardsless of the area of field study) to other reaserch higher degree colleagues? Are you interested in seeing and hearing what other students are doing? Do you want to learn something new in another field - Chemistry, Biology, ecology, physics, statistics, mathematics, modelling, etc... Can you afford to save up for a trip to another Aussie city to show your work? If so, please send me an email! I am looking for people who are interested in the possibilities of running Post Graduate Conferences for PNG students studying in Australia.

SQuiler
SQuiler

July 13th, 2004, 5:56 pm #2

Maybe it would be also worth while to find out about Bio conference to be held in August...last year it was held in PNG (Goroka) n attracted many distinguish & young researcher from abraod as states n England....for futher details you can contact the (wildlife conservation society (WCS) in PNG or in Australia....

SQuiler

Anas
Anas

July 13th, 2004, 10:05 pm #3

Thanks SQuilar

July 14th, 2004, 3:45 pm #4

Your Welcome

SQuiler

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 15th, 2004, 2:51 am #5

Do you plan to showcase your research work (regardsless of the area of field study) to other reaserch higher degree colleagues? Are you interested in seeing and hearing what other students are doing? Do you want to learn something new in another field - Chemistry, Biology, ecology, physics, statistics, mathematics, modelling, etc... Can you afford to save up for a trip to another Aussie city to show your work? If so, please send me an email! I am looking for people who are interested in the possibilities of running Post Graduate Conferences for PNG students studying in Australia.
I am very interested in your proposal bust am just wondering - would we be partcipants or facilitators at the intended conferences? would there bediscussion forum/panel of our individual research areas? ta.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 15th, 2004, 4:06 am #6

Anonymous,

Thanks for your interest and query. Initially I am thinking that it will be we the interested people facilitate it. What I reckon, KSI would be the group to do that, but I think KSI is more towards, social, political and economic issues. I am only thinking of science, how can we PNG research scientist can communicate our science and help build each others methods, knowledge, capabilities. It seemed a good idea and after putting out this notice I realised it would be a big ask for possible interested people because of limited student budget. But the next thing I am thinking of right now is to get intouch with other research higher degree scholars and maybe we can start sharing our work and ideas through emails. It may be possible that we can then see the best options of initiating annual conferences/workshop. Cheers.

Anas
Anas

July 15th, 2004, 4:07 am #7

I am very interested in your proposal bust am just wondering - would we be partcipants or facilitators at the intended conferences? would there bediscussion forum/panel of our individual research areas? ta.
Anonymous,

Thanks for your interest and query. Initially I am thinking that it will be we the interested people facilitate it. What I reckon, KSI would be the group to do that, but I think KSI is more towards, social, political and economic issues. I am only thinking of science, how can we PNG research scientist can communicate our science and help build each others methods, knowledge, capabilities. It seemed a good idea and after putting out this notice I realised it would be a big ask for possible interested people because of limited student budget. But the next thing I am thinking of right now is to get intouch with other research higher degree scholars and maybe we can start sharing our work and ideas through emails. It may be possible that we can then see the best options of initiating annual conferences/workshop. Cheers.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 15th, 2004, 4:21 am #8

perhaps if you created some sort of a website whereby post grads could register their field of research and see how many people you get and then in terms of finaincing conferences etc, the members as a whole could lobby their respective departments/ngo etc for funding. Just an idea!

Anas
Anas

July 15th, 2004, 4:29 am #9

Anonymous,
Perhaps a website is best for people to register (although I can't do that with my limited knowledge in this area). However, I would welcome people to send me emails and we can gether interests from there. If you wish to get intouch my email is provided. I will give my work email once I have been contacted in the first email given. Regards

rhiz
rhiz

July 15th, 2004, 9:17 am #10

Are there any specific areas of the science field you are interested in or is it just anything science in general? The area of science I am in is not too popular with many PNGeans and I'm not sure if people would be too interested but I am up for showcasing my work to other Papua New Guinean students in Australia.