FIRST PNG E-COMMERCE WEBSITE INTRODUCED

FIRST PNG E-COMMERCE WEBSITE INTRODUCED

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 2nd, 2006, 12:20 am #1

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea (The National, October 30) – For the first time, Papua New Guineans can now shop on the internet through the website www.esishop.com.pg using the local currency. Data Nets Ltd and Westpac Bank Ltd have launched its internet shopping site that enables credit card holders in Papua New Guinea to buy goods and services in the domestic and overseas markets. Data Nets and Westpac Bank unveiled their latest joint effort in producing PNG’s first ever e-commerce site, which allows Master Card and Visa Card users who have access to the internet to buy PNG goods online using the kina. The launch last Thursday was witnessed by senior members of the public and private sector in which the first ever local internet transaction was made involving a purchase of a PGK100 [US$35.57] B-Mobile pre-paid card. The transaction was done in seconds. Data Nets general manager Sundar Ramamurthy said: “It is our effort to assist Government and the private sector in
creating growth and the move into the next century, “We understand that people need a credit card, however, many people prefer to use this when paying for goods purchased over the internet,” he said “Our aim is to make this possible in PNG so that people will come to trust the transactions,” Mr Ramamurthy said.

Passing By
Passing By

November 3rd, 2006, 6:28 am #2

Good, now I can get myself a credit card. Where do I start???

...mE
...mE

November 3rd, 2006, 7:27 am #3

mE just checked dat site and it had nothing in it except a prepaid card?

Don't you think you should finish the site first before you launch it.......wats all this crap about launching something which is empty.....geezzz...more like trying to see and empty can of coke.

...mE

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 5th, 2006, 7:32 am #4

Last edited by 7milebeach on November 20th, 2006, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 6th, 2006, 12:14 am #5

Last edited by 7milebeach on November 20th, 2006, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bush material
bush material

November 6th, 2006, 12:44 am #6

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea (The National, October 30) – For the first time, Papua New Guineans can now shop on the internet through the website www.esishop.com.pg using the local currency. Data Nets Ltd and Westpac Bank Ltd have launched its internet shopping site that enables credit card holders in Papua New Guinea to buy goods and services in the domestic and overseas markets. Data Nets and Westpac Bank unveiled their latest joint effort in producing PNG’s first ever e-commerce site, which allows Master Card and Visa Card users who have access to the internet to buy PNG goods online using the kina. The launch last Thursday was witnessed by senior members of the public and private sector in which the first ever local internet transaction was made involving a purchase of a PGK100 [US$35.57] B-Mobile pre-paid card. The transaction was done in seconds. Data Nets general manager Sundar Ramamurthy said: “It is our effort to assist Government and the private sector in
creating growth and the move into the next century, “We understand that people need a credit card, however, many people prefer to use this when paying for goods purchased over the internet,” he said “Our aim is to make this possible in PNG so that people will come to trust the transactions,” Mr Ramamurthy said.
how do I get a credit card??

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 6th, 2006, 2:17 am #7

i agree with mE...
and before folks get emotional, analyze mE's point. the concept is probably good but the rush to launch instead presents an inadequate product that offers customers (or potential customers) next to nothing.
they should have entered agreements with a range of investors/suppliers etc first to ensure there are a lot of items available for purchase on the site and THEN make a big launch.
secondly, i don't know how wide their market in PNG is... i don't think those with credit cards are gonna be logging on just to buy a flaming pre-paid card...
probably a good idea but poorly executed.

November 6th, 2006, 5:57 am #8

Hopefully Air Niugini will do the same and get into e-Ticketing soon.

Last edited by 7milebeach on November 20th, 2006, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...mE
...mE

November 20th, 2006, 4:00 am #9

@ANON...

You talk shait just like wats in yah head.
Can you see what a flop it has been since it was launched. It hasn't gotten any hits or no ones been using it.

Lets work at working something constructive, productive and usable before opeing our big mouth. It looks to mE as another one of those initiatives by people from overseas who dosen't know anything about PNG but wud like to make their name or mark by launching something before they can get demoted or send somethwhere else.

...mE

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2006, 4:14 am #10

how do I get a credit card??
In PNG, it will take at least half a year before you can get a credit card issued. They will want to see all your bank statements to prove that you have enough dope to bay the SKY-HIGH interest and all that other stuff..how long you been working etc etc etc.
Westpac now has a direct debit card that also works as a credit card but operates on your own savings account but that will also take a while to issue.
Also, it's not like Aus, where you can get reward points etc for all the money you spend.
Whatever your decision, just be prepared when you get the bills and the intrest!