Finance Dept. wants 10%

Finance Dept. wants 10%

Machuboi
Machuboi

April 10th, 2008, 7:06 am #1

Hello ol wantoks

i have a tambu who recently resigned from a govt. dept. after so many years. when her entitlements were finalized and she went to collect her cheque at the Finance Dept. an officer there told her she would have to pay 10% of her entitlements to him before her chq will be released. this really concerned her and she did not know what to do. to make matters worse her own department told her that she should go ahead and pay the 10%.

is this the procedure or are there hungry crocodiles at the department waiting to snatch whatever that crosses their path.

she has worked so hard for years and she is entitled to all that money. she deserves it. why are these people asking her to pay them 10%? what have they done to deserve the 10%?

Please someone enlighten me on this.

Machuboi.....needs your help

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 10th, 2008, 3:11 pm #2

report the matter to police

Mach10
Mach10

April 11th, 2008, 1:37 am #3

So what these ****s are doing is illegal????? i thought that was a fee for something.......

Operation savim PNG
Operation savim PNG

April 12th, 2008, 6:56 am #4

Give name of officers and the concerned person.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2008, 2:27 am #5

Hello ol wantoks

i have a tambu who recently resigned from a govt. dept. after so many years. when her entitlements were finalized and she went to collect her cheque at the Finance Dept. an officer there told her she would have to pay 10% of her entitlements to him before her chq will be released. this really concerned her and she did not know what to do. to make matters worse her own department told her that she should go ahead and pay the 10%.

is this the procedure or are there hungry crocodiles at the department waiting to snatch whatever that crosses their path.

she has worked so hard for years and she is entitled to all that money. she deserves it. why are these people asking her to pay them 10%? what have they done to deserve the 10%?

Please someone enlighten me on this.

Machuboi.....needs your help
If it was me - bai mi singaut lo em lo ai blo man na tokim em bai mi ripotim na bai mi wetim em lo carpark wantaim ol rellies blo mi, tasol mi hailans na taim mi belhat, waia blo mi sawe lus liklik.

Below are some options - tell her to do ALL of them to cover her bases.

1. Report him to the Ombudsman and police.

2. Get a lawyer - get them to draft a letter on office letterhead to the Officer asking him if he wishes to continue discussions in court.The lawyers will be able to inform him that what he is demanding is illegal.

3. Get her to write a letter to Post Courier, National and the Department Head exposing this person for the lowlife he is. Name and shame.

4. Ring up the post courier and talk to a journalist about writing a story about her and anyone else who has been blackmailed like this.

5. Take her husband and male relatives with her and ask for the cheque again.

6. Tell us his name and phone number, we can start a public campaign of shaming him

Blari sting - em wok na kisim dispela mani.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2008, 5:29 am #6

corruption is everywhere. 2 yrs ago, while waiting for hrs to enquire about my passport, i got told by some passport agent to simply give a K50 note to the officer for my passport to be done in two weeks. i already feel sick after reading your story.

the other day my hubby called and asked if it was common practice to top up birth certificate fees by K20 to get them processed quickly. im begining to wonder how long it REALLY takes to do birth certificates. does it take 6 mnths to process them? i'mma bit confused. and how long does it take to process passports on average? is it 8 mnths. just asking, because it takes others only a wk (even 2 days) while some of us can wait for mnths and sometimes the application form just disappears within their office.

i really dont know whats become of us but i think its come to a time where yumi should SANAP NA PAITIM CORRUPTION even at its lowest level.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2008, 9:55 am #7

ol lainim lo antap ikam daun

they are learning from the ministers and prime ministers who are the experts at this

the rot has started at the top and is slowly working it's way down

Machuboi
Machuboi

April 14th, 2008, 5:53 am #8

Thanks for your comments na toksave. i shall take this varmin to court