Detecting Networks with dongles

Detecting Networks with dongles

Shiniobi
Shiniobi

January 28th, 2012, 3:43 pm #1

A digicel modem can pick up bemobile and digicel signals. But why cant it detect telikom wireless signals?

bekim
bekim

January 30th, 2012, 7:28 am #2

Because thats just the way it is, arsehole!

Shinobi
Shinobi

January 31st, 2012, 1:06 am #3

Oi caveman piss off. Its obvious you don't know nethin bwt technology so stop trolling and crawl back to ur cave. This is a serious question, so if u don't know then jst move along.

answer
answer

February 2nd, 2012, 12:43 pm #4

A digicel modem can pick up bemobile and digicel signals. But why cant it detect telikom wireless signals?
Telikom operates using CDMA technology. Bemobile and Digicel use GSM technology. GSM sims can't pick up CDMA and vice versa.

Shinobi
Shinobi

February 2nd, 2012, 4:44 pm #5

Thanks that seems right. Is there anyway a GSM sim can be modified to detect CDMA networks?

sh!t outta luck, I'm afraid
sh!t outta luck, I'm afraid

February 4th, 2012, 1:11 am #6

How on earth is it is possible to make ANY kind of modification in a SIM card? They're HARD-wired, mate, and on a microscopic level, involving tens of thousands of transisters. How would anyone be able to modify such a thing unless it was God trying to modify His own sim card?

Shinobi
Shinobi

February 4th, 2012, 1:23 am #7

Haha ok easy with the sarcasim, i don't know much bwt mobile networking. Tnx 4 answering.

isi
isi

March 2nd, 2012, 4:54 am #8

Oi caveman piss off. Its obvious you don't know nethin bwt technology so stop trolling and crawl back to ur cave. This is a serious question, so if u don't know then jst move along.
The answer is simple, bemobile and digicel are on different network which is GSM and Telikom PNG is running on CDMA.

CDMA and GSM are different mobile network. Wish iam a communications engineer but that what i understand.

cheers,
j

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 15th, 2012, 4:29 am #9

Thanks that seems right. Is there anyway a GSM sim can be modified to detect CDMA networks?
Buy a CDMA Sim