C'MON QUEENSLANDERS.....CAN U BE NEXT YEARS HOST FOR KSI??

C'MON QUEENSLANDERS.....CAN U BE NEXT YEARS HOST FOR KSI??

Mlbnian who loves QLD
Mlbnian who loves QLD

July 24th, 2002, 7:37 am #1

Greetings,

I just wanted to drop a line of support to the 2 Executives challenged to confirm with the students in their state to host next year's KSI Convention.

For those who dont know yet..... QLD was chosen to host the next convention, BUT if the students there dont provide the support or willingness to get involved.... it will be moved here to Melbourne.

So please.....to all you students up there....we'd like to visit your state next year, enough of this cold southern weather. Get behind your student reps and make some contribution/committment/support.

And good luck with your studies this semester.

meri nating
meri nating

July 24th, 2002, 11:13 am #2

Some of us will be back in PNG and would love to attend the next convention in support and if the venue can be confirmed by the Queenslanders, that would make it less costly for us to attend.
Give some thought to this as well. The distance, the cost of travelling and the thought of another bone shivering cold convention in Melbourne would certainly put me off.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 25th, 2002, 2:39 am #3

Greetings,

I just wanted to drop a line of support to the 2 Executives challenged to confirm with the students in their state to host next year's KSI Convention.

For those who dont know yet..... QLD was chosen to host the next convention, BUT if the students there dont provide the support or willingness to get involved.... it will be moved here to Melbourne.

So please.....to all you students up there....we'd like to visit your state next year, enough of this cold southern weather. Get behind your student reps and make some contribution/committment/support.

And good luck with your studies this semester.
I personally am sick of talkfests. What else does KSI do?

meri nating
meri nating

July 25th, 2002, 3:35 am #4

I attended this convention and I tell you I'm so glad I did.
I understand the convention proceedings will be bound together as a report with first call on the report to go to the sponsors and to the PNG government.
The speakers at this convention were fabulous and for me the surprised bonus was to have Dan Weiss there in person to speak and mingle with us for informal discussions.
I can't wait to get a copy of the convention proceedings.

Editor
Editor

July 25th, 2002, 8:53 am #5

Meri Nating and other interested parties.

The first part of the report is completed whilst the second part which will comprise of the actual presentations is yet to be finalized. I am awaiting the detail reports from a few speakers. Most speakers were out on consultancies so as soon as I receive their papers, the report will be finalized, printed and bounded. We expect the report to be made available by mid August, the latest to all.

Cheers,

Editor

And then what?
And then what?

August 1st, 2002, 2:35 pm #6

I attended this convention and I tell you I'm so glad I did.
I understand the convention proceedings will be bound together as a report with first call on the report to go to the sponsors and to the PNG government.
The speakers at this convention were fabulous and for me the surprised bonus was to have Dan Weiss there in person to speak and mingle with us for informal discussions.
I can't wait to get a copy of the convention proceedings.
What happen after that? More mauswara or does anything tangible really come out of all this corporate sponsorship and hogwash that goes on.
We can have convention after convention but what are we really achieving? How are we improving the lives of our people in any way?

Em nau!!
Em nau!!

August 2nd, 2002, 12:27 am #7

Amen. My sentiments exactly. KSI has been hosting conventions for the past five years. When is it going to start doing more?

W.Welli.....................grasrut politiks.
W.Welli.....................grasrut politiks.

August 2nd, 2002, 2:20 am #8

Wantok

your question is a very good one because it highlights what most of us(even me)failed to understand initially with regards to what KSI was set about to achieve.It is quite true that the KSI has been hosting conventions for a long time now.But we must understand that KSI does not have the direct and immediate solutions to the problems we have in the country.

KSI is largely made up of students studying abroad and the purpose it was set up (A.S. can correct me if I am wrong) was to encourage dialogue within members so that they are kept informed and educated of what is happening within the country.It also seeks to facilitate discussions with organisations both the political and corporate sectors again,so that members are kept informed.The KSI is a small NGO organisation set up with no political affiliation and a rather small yearly budget which I believe is incapable of solving our current problems within the country if that is you were reffering to.

I believe conventions are hosted because KSI believes it is imperative that as the future cream of the nation we are first of all made aware of the changes happening within the country,why these changes are occuring and where we are heading with the implementation of these changes.In short KSI believes that members will in future be part of governing administration within the country and seeks to give members an educated overview of probable solutions to our past,present and future problems.

You may be critisising the KSI because you have some thing better to offer.It will be a good idea to put forward whatever thoughts you have for deliberations on this forum.Em tasol na regards.

Wesley.Welli

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 2nd, 2002, 2:32 am #9

So you are satisfied that that is all that KSI can do for your and what you can do for KSI?

J Degemba
J Degemba

August 2nd, 2002, 5:04 am #10

Brother Weslli..I appreciate your exposition of the role of KSI.

Let me add to the discussion by making a few remarks. It should be appreciated that KSI is neither a policy making or solution devising group. It is just made of mere students like you and me. From my prespective, KSI is an excellent organization in which it is a means through which it promotes forums and discussion during conventions to discuss issues of national interest. Only during such discussions that we help each other by sharing and educating ourselves to be on an equal footing on all front of issues. Given such knowledge, we would create a critical mass of like minded intellectial PNGeans, who would through the network established through KSI, could contribute from our various fields/positions towards nation building. How do you expect individuals to make changes? Only when a cohort with a vision would make a difference, by leading and driving our nation towards progress and prosperity.

I once again, urge that no matter who you are, KSI is a place to be and lets us hear your voice through conferences. "DIVIDE WE FALL BUT UNITED WE STAND" Lets uphold this simple statement in pursuit for the sake of PNG's growth and prosperity.

The recently complete 2002 convetion was the excellent of all conferences. The proceedings of the conference are forthcoming within the next few weeks. Also an important resolution made during the meeting was to establish a KSI Alumini Office in POM. The office is xepected to harness the network of intellectual like minded PNGeans who would be the driving force of the nation. Current a cohort are working around the clock to formalize and establize an office so in future our inputs would be considered along the lines of INA. NRI, etc towards policy development and makings processes.

J Degemba