Be Mobile Cash strapped

bemobile employee
bemobile employee

July 28th, 2011, 1:44 am #81

bemobile cannot compete against Digicel. Three years ago we had 100% market share, today we have just under 11% and our subscriber base has more or less stood still.

Telikom realized this and flicked their 50% share quietly off to IPBC to set up their own network in competition. So far the evidence leans to BeMobile having its market share being eroded further as a result of Telikom's citifon.

Today's announcement that Post PNG has done a rebrand of moni kwik through use of mobile phones is another nail in the coffin for us. What the advertisement in the National does not clearly say is that mobile phone banking only works on Digicel for the Post PNG product. Digicel also has strong tie ups with BSP and other finance haus

The bemobile management is worked very hard but we have been let down by the Board which comprises people with no real Telco experience and an outfit called GEMS run out of Hong Kong who never understood this market, nor believed brains could be found locally. We never invested enough in the network day one and dis has come back to burn us now.

To make up for the trading losses we are now selling a business we should never have got into 1st place - bemobile Solomon Islands and we hope to raise US $18-20 million. Digicel with its deep pockets is the obvious buyer. This should allow some breathing space for us, but with Digicel having such an aggressive market presence, i cannot see how we recover.

Sad but True

krusako
krusako

July 28th, 2011, 7:42 am #82

traim turbo. It comes with free call minutes to Digicel phones.
Don't you get it? How many times do you have to be told? The problem with Bemobile is POOR COVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiss it
kiss it

July 28th, 2011, 7:45 am #83

Stop kissing your white masters assess at Digicel and ask them why are they running scared pumping more cash into their advertising campaign after bemobile took 100,000 customers off them in the last three months. They can't compete with turbo and triple bonus top ups because they would rather keep ripping Papua New Guineans off with their high call rates (highest in Southern Hemisphere!)
Mate, BeMobile didn't take 100,000 customers off of anyone. It makes no sense to come up with that number, considering that the total population of Moresby is less than 300,000 and not every human in POM has a mobile phone.

Get real. If you're going to lie, at least give a figure that makes sense.

BeMobile's biggest hell-dumb ideas
BeMobile's biggest hell-dumb ideas

July 28th, 2011, 7:49 am #84

They are called "Orange Men" you Digicel coconut. Run back to your white masters @ Digicel and report to them.
Anyone with any common sense at all wouldn't use figures that someone could get any idea at all might be satanic, devilish, etc. Who came up with that stupid, stupid, stupid idea? Was it the expat CEO? Whoever it was, what a disaster. How could a Papua New Guinean, knowing how superstitous people are, possibly come up with the orange devils, looking like they're screaming (or are they smiling) from hell?

craig
craig

July 28th, 2011, 2:20 pm #85

What Bmobile needs is cost leadership.

What they have been doing in the last few months certainly demonstrates that they are either cash strapped or have costs that are so low that they are leading in this area.

I think Digicel will start to have problems soon because they are not paying the rentals in many of their tower sites.

We cannot compare PNG with a foreign country because in PNG the factors that affect business are different.

I would like to see Bmobile get more cheap handsets out to the masses and increase its coverage.

What about the impact of Citifon? I bought two handsets but they are just too hard to use. Does anyone know how they are doing?
All of you with the bright ideas of what Bemobile would do have to realize that those working for the company already had all of your ideas. The problem is, no money. And Bemobile isn't generating the revenue expected which means that they're in a contraction state, not an expansion.

Thus, any of your ideas that would cost Bemobile money you can just forget. They aren't going to do it.

craig
craig

July 28th, 2011, 2:21 pm #86

What Bmobile needs is cost leadership.

What they have been doing in the last few months certainly demonstrates that they are either cash strapped or have costs that are so low that they are leading in this area.

I think Digicel will start to have problems soon because they are not paying the rentals in many of their tower sites.

We cannot compare PNG with a foreign country because in PNG the factors that affect business are different.

I would like to see Bmobile get more cheap handsets out to the masses and increase its coverage.

What about the impact of Citifon? I bought two handsets but they are just too hard to use. Does anyone know how they are doing?
All of you with the bright ideas of what Bemobile would do have to realize that those working for the company already had all of your ideas. The problem is, no money. And Bemobile isn't generating the revenue expected which means that they're in a contraction state, not an expansion.

Thus, any of your ideas that would cost Bemobile money you can just forget. They aren't going to do it.

bemobile employee
bemobile employee

July 29th, 2011, 12:04 am #87

Don't you get it? How many times do you have to be told? The problem with Bemobile is POOR COVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you. My point although not well expressed is that why did we waste money on Solomon Islands when we should have used that money to strategically add value to existing network. The Bemobile Board had no mandate to do this.

Fed Up

Sarr
Sarr

August 3rd, 2011, 2:35 am #88

Be Mobile Cash strapped
This is amazing. A thread of more than 80 responses and none of us knows what started the thread. Remarkable!

August 3rd, 2011, 3:50 am #89

Thread is too long. Its been locked. If you want to keep talking about bemobile v digicel, etc then please restart thread.