The Witches of Oz mini-series now on Pay Per View!

Topics include Oz movies, stage shows and television from silent films and animated features to the 1939 MGM classic.

The Witches of Oz mini-series now on Pay Per View!

Angelo Thomas

31 Aug 2011, 19:47 #1

[font='LUCIDA GRANDE', TAHOMA, VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF]Mediacom, Dish Network, Insight, and Time Warner Cable as well as several other North American cable providers have the TV version of "The Witches of Oz" available to rent on demand! [/font]
Last edited by Angelo Thomas on 01 Sep 2011, 22:21, edited 6 times in total.

Eric Gjovaag

31 Aug 2011, 21:54 #2

Aw, nuts. I just ordered the British DVD. Oh, well, as I paid for it with credit I earned through my website, I'm not technically paying anything for the DVD, and can keep it. If I ordered it through DISH, I'd have to pony up some money I don't really have right now…

Angelo Thomas

01 Sep 2011, 00:47 #3

I'm at the prologue part now, and so far it's no different than the version that many of us downloaded online. Let's see if it gets better!
Last edited by Angelo Thomas on 01 Sep 2011, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Angelo Thomas

01 Sep 2011, 22:18 #4

I'm further into it now, and besides the prologue part of it, the effects do look better.

Angelo Thomas

01 Sep 2011, 23:04 #5

Okay, so let me give you a run down on the version that's available on pay per view.
The prologue sequence is no different than the version that has been leaked online. All the Oz flashbacks are the same. The Kansas 1899 sequence is the same as well, which means it has crappy special effects.

Some of the effects do look better, some that I noticed below:
the parts involving fire, the shots where various characters are standing on the balcony in New York, some bits in the disaster sequence near the end, and some of the fighting sequences look better.

Overall, I'd wait until the theatrical version comes out. The Pay Per View version is better than the Eastern Europe version, but it's not even close to the theatrical version.

Next week, I'll be reviewing an exclusive screener's copy of the theatrical version on BluRay, that the production company is sending me for review purposes. I'll be sure to share that review with you.
Last edited by Angelo Thomas on 01 Sep 2011, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.