Rachel Cosgrove Payes checklist

Digging into something Oz-ish a little deeper? Here's a place to ask others in our community for their help.

Rachel Cosgrove Payes checklist

Eric Gjovaag

27 Aug 2011, 20:12 #1

Hi, kids. I just talked to Scott at the Bugle, and he's given his approval, so now I think I can make this official: I'm going to start my first major Oz research project. I want to fill in a big gap and compile a checklist of Rachel Cosgrove Payes' works. Thanks to some generous souls at the Winkie Convention, and a few others who've offered aide, I've already started compiling a collection of her books. But if anyone has any ideas of what to include, where to do my research, and so forth, I'd love to hear from you. I'm especially interested in anyone who has ideas of where to look for information on the publication of her short stories. I know many were published in Analog, Asimov's, and similar science fiction magazines. I have no idea how long this will take or how much time I'll be able to devote to it, but I'm looking forward to putting it together.

Marcus Mebes

29 Aug 2011, 03:40 #2

Her wikipedia entry has some, but I'm sure you've already found that. Amazon has a kindle edition of one or two of her E. L. Arch books (I wonder who authorized those???)

ericshanower

31 Aug 2011, 07:25 #3

Dear Eric,

I could swear there was one in the Bugle in the '90s. Maybe I'm just remembering the one David put together when he did the Bugle interview with her. Anyway, David has a checklist up until that point that Rachel gave him the info for. It doesn't have all the magazine contributions, however.

Best,
Eric S.

marbpl2

01 Sep 2011, 14:07 #4

You can try http://www.worldcat.org/. There is a reference book, Index to Science Fiction Anthologies and Collections, which may have citations for her work (the latest edition is from 1997).   If you want to be really comprehensive, check some science journal indexes to see if there are any biology/pharmacology articles she wrote or contributed to. For instance, there is this piece that she co-authored with others: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/96/2/151.abstract