Hey! I'm Darcey!

This forum holds discussion archives of the board. Only Administrators and Moderators are allowed to post and usually the postings will be to save important messages or great fanfics! This will sometimes be open to the public to read, but not all the time.

Hey! I'm Darcey!

darceywatson

18 May 2011, 23:07 #1

Hello everyone!  My name is Darcey.  I'm currently a junior at Western Michigan University.  I first heard about this club from a newsletter for the Kalamazoo Valley Museum that comes every once in awhile in the mail.  The Museum is putting on an exhibit, and I looked at who endorsed the exhibit and I was sooooo excited about this club! I joined immediately!  I have been a Wizard of Oz fan since probably the age of 4.  I watch it at least 5 times per year.  My hometown put on the stage version a few years ago and I attended, and I am also a huge Wicked fan.  I first saw Wicked in New York City, and since then, I have seen it 2 more times, once in Chicago and again in Toledo, Ohio.  It was actually here at Western in December, put due to my heavy class load, I sadly could not attend.  I have read probably 3 or 4 of the books (I don't really remember them, it's been a few years since I read them) along with the Wicked series.  My favorite characters are Toto (I have a dog that is a mutt, but looks JUST like him) and the Cowardly Lion.  I'm super excited to learn more about this club and its members! Image

darceywatson

18 May 2011, 23:09 #2

Oh, I forgot! I am also an Oz collector. Name it, and I probably have it Image

jaredadavis

18 May 2011, 23:17 #3

Welcome to the forums, Darcey!

Jane

19 May 2011, 04:12 #4

Glad to have you drop in, Darcey!  Have you been to Garry Parrett's Oz Museum in Wausaukee? I realize that's a pretty big lake between Western Michigan and Wisconsin, but Garry's a fun collector and his museum has to be a fun visit.  Welcome aboard!  Jane 

darceywatson

19 May 2011, 15:27 #5

I have not been there.  My dad and I took a road trip to Texas a few years ago and on the way back we stopped at the Oz Museum in Wamego, Kansas.  I really want to go to a couple of the festivals that are near me also.