Gehan - My Favourite Things (Over the Rainbow)

This forum holds discussion archives of the board. Only Administrators and Moderators are allowed to post and usually the postings will be to save important messages or great fanfics! This will sometimes be open to the public to read, but not all the time.

Gehan - My Favourite Things (Over the Rainbow)

Gehan

09 May 2011, 08:35 #1

Snowdrops on Poppies
And Whiskers on Lions
Bright Ruby Slippers
And Evoldo's Scions
Giddy Galinda who dances and sings
These are a few of My Favourite Things

*giggle* Ok, since you can read more about me on my actual profile, I decided to stick to my favourite things from OZ in this post.

One thing I should mention right now is that, being a rather old-fashioned Roman Catholic, I especially love how all the primary and recurring characters in L. Frank Baum's Oz are essentially chaste and pure beings. The most notable examples, of course, are Dorothy, Glinda the Good Sorceress and Princess Ozma, who were clearly envisaged by L. Frank to be forever virginal and pristine. This resonates with my Catholic beliefs beautifully.

The key players from Ozma's court at the Emerald City are no different. Betsy Bobbins, Trot, Button Bright, Ojo et. al will always be innocent and never get married (or otherwise seek partners), as depicted by Baum, and even the adult men, spearheaded by the Wizard himself and followed by Uncle Nunkie, Cap'n Bill, the Shaggy Man and co. are celibate.

Now onto more of my favourite things:

My All-time Favourite Oz Characters - Glinda, General Jinjur, Princess Langwidere, Queen Coo-ee-Oh, Trot

My Favourite Oz Twosomes - Ozma and Dorothy, Trot and Cap'n Bill

My All-time Favourite "alternate" Oz character - Nessarose

My Favourite Oz Country - The Quadling Country/South

My Favourite Oz Creatures - The Nine Tiny Piglets

My Favourite Oz Conflict - The enmity between Queen Coo-ee-Oh and the Supreme Dictator

I could go on, but I think that should do for now. Image
Last edited by Gehan on 09 May 2011, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

ozfan08

09 May 2011, 23:44 #2

Welcome! Interesting things listed here! I'm Catholic, too. :P
Angelo Thomas - Author of Dorothy & Toto in Oz
twitter.com/angelodiamond   facebook.com/angelo.a.thomas  facebook.com/dorothytotoinoz
ozfan08 @ gmail.com        youtube.com/nightmarecrazy08      dorothyandtoto.pr @ gmail.com

ozfan08

09 May 2011, 23:46 #3

Don't know if this is too personal or anything, but what's your name? Like is your name Gehan?
twitter.com/angelodiamond   facebook.com/angelo.a.thomas  facebook.com/dorothytotoinoz
ozfan08 @ gmail.com        youtube.com/nightmarecrazy08      dorothyandtoto.pr @ gmail.com

SamofOz

10 May 2011, 06:46 #4

Nice intro, and Welcome to the Club!

I think your Favourite Oz Things would fit perfectly well in my likewise-named thread in "Oz and Ends" (http://ozclubforums.yuku.com/topic/3974 ... z-Anything).

Another Catholic, over here.
Last edited by SamofOz on 11 May 2011, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Gehan

10 May 2011, 21:08 #5

Sam, could you provide a link to your likewise-named thread? I couldn't find it. Image I was a part of the International Wizard of Oz Club in the late 1990s, but from afar (since I'm not from the U.S). I corresponded with literally dozens upon dozens of members back then, and bought many many IWOC publications, so this is more like a "return" for me I guess. Image

Angelo, you totally made my day by letting me know that YOU'RE Catholic too!!! Image Image Image And yes, my first name is indeed Gehan. Feel free to ask me anything, without any apprehensions about getting personal. Image I myself was only 10 years old when I first entered an online Oz community, but honestly, I NEVER would have guessed that you were anywhere near as young as you are, based on your posts. Image

ozfan08

13 May 2011, 23:08 #6