Fairy-Tales of Oz

General discussion forum about other Oz things not covered in the other forums. Misc...

Fairy-Tales of Oz

SamofOz

27 Sep 2011, 10:36 #1

I know L. Frank Baum did not set out to write the traditional fairy-tales, but looking at Kelly Clarkson's sleeping beauty like music video a while back, I couldn't help but get the idea of how different Oz would be if it were a fairy-tale, or vice versa.  So . . . . what Ozzy spins can you give Fairy-Tales?

Sleeping Beauty + Oz = Sleeping Ozma:
     Baby Princess Ozma's birth to King Pastoria and his King is celebrated by the Emerald Kingdom, who invites the Good Witches and Fairies of Burzee who each grant her a special gift but the Wicked Witch Mombi curses the child to drop dead at the smell of a flower, with the downfall demise of the kingdom to follow.  But the Good Witch of the North alters the curse, so that the Princess will only sleep, not die, and the Kingdom shall sleep with her till awakened, at the kiss of a Fairy Prince or an Innocent Death to the Wicked Witch.   Princess Ozma, with "help" from Mombi, does catch the scent of a flower and falls asleep, with Poppies growing all over the Jade Palace and causing everyone to sleep.  A young and handsome Prince Evring comes along, bringing along a lost child from another far-off country who seeks the king's help to return home, and they break the spell of Mombi, fulfilling the Good witch's Prophecy.

jaredadavis

28 Sep 2011, 00:43 #2

You know, I've always suspected that Oz has fairy tales, but the problem is, people have trouble discerning between them and history.