CINAR's Version of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" Returning to ThisTV

Topics include Oz movies, stage shows and television from silent films and animated features to the 1939 MGM classic.

CINAR's Version of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" Returning to ThisTV

Mario500

12 Aug 2011, 23:57 #1

According to the ThisTV network programming schedule for Monday, September 26th, they will begin broadcasting CINAR's version of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" animated cartoon series again. The schedule currently does not extend into the following weekend, but it shows "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" being scheduled for 6:00 AM Central time Monday through Friday.

I hope my local ThisTV station shows the series, since they have been broadcasting "Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer" ever since I got access to the station last summer. Two other local TV stations show "Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer" at 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM respectively every Monday through Friday.

Mario500

15 Aug 2011, 16:13 #2

I have just learned the local station will not be broadcasting "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" when ThisTV provides the series again, according to an employee of the station. I wish they had another digital sub-channel to broadcast programs from ThisTV unavailable on the main channel. The sub-channel could have camera views of local places, community bulletins, and educational and informative programs also. The educational and informative programs would be required for the station to remain in compliance with rules enforced by the Federal Communications Commission regarding such programs. 
Last edited by Mario500 on 15 Aug 2011, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Mario500

13 Sep 2011, 18:30 #3

The TV listings for Monday, September 26th do not include "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" for WFGX-TV in the designated market area of Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida. The listings came from TitanTV, Zap2it, and TV Guide.

I have an idea that may help convince the folks at the station to broadcast "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" instead of "Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer", since the latter is broadcast by cable TV and satellite TV programming services available locally and two other local TV stations. Send a polite electronic mail message to Joe Smith, the director of programming for WFGX-TV, and express your love for "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" TV series and/or explain why this series should be broadcast. His electronic mail address is JoeSmith@wear.sbgnet.com.

Here are my reasons for why the series should be broadcast locally: Besides the great availability of "Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer", not every episode of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was broadcast after the station began broadcasting from a different transmission tower in July 2010, not everyone in the broadcast area can receive ThisTV programming from WLOX-TV in Biloxi, Mississippi, not every episode of the English version of the series is available on DVD, and not everyone would want to watch or hear episodes of the series on their computers by accessing them on Jaroo.com.
Last edited by Mario500 on 13 Sep 2011, 18:40, edited 3 times in total.