Forced migration to Tapatalk.

Peter Smith
Wise Owl

2:05 AM - Jul 07, 2018 #1

Last year Ontario Sasquatch was migrated to Tapatalk without our knowledge. We were able to stop OWFR being migrated, by moving the forum to Zetaboards, which has a similar setup to Invision, where we were. Tapatalk is not set up like this forum, and we are not pleased.

So we have a decision to make. Do you wish to be a Tapatalk forum, or not? That is the only option. We have other, more active forums. You may join us on Facebook, which is much more active than this forum.

If we get enough responses, that wish to be part of Tapatalk, we will consider accepting the move. If we do not, then we will be closing this forum.

I would like to thank all the members that have supported this forum for the past 8 years. We have over 700 members, and a lot of good discussions have taken place. I hope that some members will show support for continuing.
?For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.?
― Stuart Chase

Temiscamingue
Sly Fox

6:20 PM - Jul 07, 2018 #2

Not everybody choose to be on Facebook due to ongoing censorship and privacy concerns. Tapatalk would work for me. My $0.02

Jamie
Wise Owl
Jamie
Wise Owl

4:11 AM - Jul 08, 2018 #3

I've never heard of tapatalk, There is alot of great information on this forum
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. We'll all end up blind and hungry".

Me

Temiscamingue
Sly Fox

10:09 PM - Jul 08, 2018 #4

Hello all.
I am about ready to purchase a drone in order to explore and document the area near where I live. Anyone here have suggestions? I guess I need good 5-10 kms range, good camera with realtime video features, recording capabilities as well as 45-60 minutes air time. I guess loitering capability would be good too. Thanks!
By November I will get very busy with this.

Tim M
Wise Owl
Tim M
Wise Owl

8:54 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #5

Try posting in the Gear section of the forum. There may be drone information there.
I'm sorry that I don't know much about drones so I can't help.
Talk to Bestbuy maybe?

Temiscamingue
Sly Fox

10:03 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #6

Thanks for your advice. I am actually going to New Liskeard Friday and to my dentist in North Bay on Tuesday. I will educate myself for a good drone purchase. I will post footage or results on here.

NaturalPath
Timber Wolf
NaturalPath
Timber Wolf

1:05 AM - Jul 12, 2018 #7

This drone looks pretty good for the price;

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00X9J ... -50-gen-20

Temiscamingue
Sly Fox

11:39 AM - Jul 12, 2018 #8

That price is good for a start. I mean if I lose it over my lake which is 1 km X 15 kms I take a certain risk I cannot recover it. Over a wooded area not so much. win-win, thanks.

NaturalPath
Timber Wolf
NaturalPath
Timber Wolf

8:43 PM - Jul 12, 2018 #9

I guess we kind of got off the original topic of this thread so, as far as the ultimatum goes, I don't like Tapatalk and, I don't like Facebook either so, I guess I'm SOL. Having said that, I know how much work it takes to maintain a forum like this so, I can't say that I blame Peter if he does decide to shut it down. Anyway, as I always like to say, it is what it is.
Alan.

rubberboots
Swift Cougar
rubberboots
Swift Cougar

1:06 AM - Jul 21, 2018 #10

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of Tapatalk. Facebook is a good alternative, but I like being able to organize conversations and topics, which can't seem to be done on the Facebook groups.
However, I'm willing to adapt if we need to make changes. Can't have everything we want now, can we? ;)