X-post: if you're single, what's your back-up plan ?

X-post: if you're single, what's your back-up plan ?

October 26th, 2011, 2:55 pm #1

Hi wise board ladies

I know I'm not the only TTC single here so hoping to get some ideas. I had a backup plan when I started (great support from family and friends as well as 2 close friends who agreed to raise my child if anything happened to me) but as the years have gone by with no success, most people don't even know I'm still trying. I'm not even sure the same couple would say 'yes' these days. Then again they might. Not going to mention it any more unless there becomes something to mention.

So what do you ladies have as a backup plan ? Who would raise your child(ren) if anything happened to you ? Don't mean to be morbid but I'm a girl who likes to know there's a plan......

Al

Tracy
Tracy

October 26th, 2011, 5:53 pm #2

and one that I have thought a lot about. My brother and his wife would be wonderful parents, but as we are all getting older, I don't know if they would be as up for it as they were when I first started this journey. I talked a lot about it when I first started, but like you, have kept my recent efforts to myself. I guess I would finalize those plans once a child arrives. I remember when a guy co-worker of mine did all that after his first child was born. He did a will and laid out who would be in line as his choice to raise his child should anything happen to he and his wife. It is so important to have all that thought out ahead of time.

xoxo, Tracy

October 26th, 2011, 11:44 pm #3

Hi wise board ladies

I know I'm not the only TTC single here so hoping to get some ideas. I had a backup plan when I started (great support from family and friends as well as 2 close friends who agreed to raise my child if anything happened to me) but as the years have gone by with no success, most people don't even know I'm still trying. I'm not even sure the same couple would say 'yes' these days. Then again they might. Not going to mention it any more unless there becomes something to mention.

So what do you ladies have as a backup plan ? Who would raise your child(ren) if anything happened to you ? Don't mean to be morbid but I'm a girl who likes to know there's a plan......

Al
I have a couple of friends who said they would be willing to raise my child, but I haven't drawn up a will or any legal documents around that yet. I figure I'll do it after I get pregnant--if I get pregnant. Right now, trying to conceive and run my business is taking all my time, and if I'm unsuccessful then at least I can skip the extra paperwork (there has to be a silver lining to everything, right?).

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 27th, 2011, 2:42 am #4

Hi wise board ladies

Al
I have lots of sisters, so I've always thought one of them would take care of my baby, if I get so luck, and then unlucky! G-d forbid! Good to think of a plan.

Confirmation of reply: