words of encouragement last baby age 45!

words of encouragement last baby age 45!

August 12th, 2011, 1:05 am #1

thats right ladies reading a bibliography and it casually mentioned a couple who had their last baby at age 45 in the 70's and by the way my mother conceived me au natural at 40 years of age. DON'T GIVE UP.

xoxoxo
Birdy

August 12th, 2011, 1:19 am #2

It is always good to hear of such stories. Even though it is far and few between, it is nice to know that it does happen.

August 12th, 2011, 2:58 am #3

thats right ladies reading a bibliography and it casually mentioned a couple who had their last baby at age 45 in the 70's and by the way my mother conceived me au natural at 40 years of age. DON'T GIVE UP.

xoxoxo
Birdy
we simply do what we can? and then who ever wants to be on our earth is here? is that to weird too deep? too unfair? I don't know? In any case whomeever we are meant to parent i believe will come to us.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 12th, 2011, 3:29 am #4

Whomever we are meant to parent will most definitely come to us. There is a saying that no one can deny you what is yours...our babies are on the way...they just may come to us in a different manner than we originally thought. We may also be meant to parent or guide the children of others in our lives...who knows what path we may wind up on.

Diane
Diane

August 12th, 2011, 1:44 pm #5

we simply do what we can? and then who ever wants to be on our earth is here? is that to weird too deep? too unfair? I don't know? In any case whomeever we are meant to parent i believe will come to us.
Yup...who knows... My Grandmother in Ireland had my Auntie at age 45.. Her 10th and last child... So I have hope too...

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 12th, 2011, 10:31 pm #6

xoxoxo
Birdy
...and other women, not so much. It isn't really that unusual, they likely did not have high FSH and did not go into menopause until later either.

Anna
Anna

August 12th, 2011, 10:47 pm #7

Whomever we are meant to parent will most definitely come to us. There is a saying that no one can deny you what is yours...our babies are on the way...they just may come to us in a different manner than we originally thought. We may also be meant to parent or guide the children of others in our lives...who knows what path we may wind up on.
with the statement that we parent who we are meant to parent. What's the logical inference from that? Are childless women not meant to parent? Are orphans that aren't adopted not meant to have parents?

That's one of those feel good things that we tell ourselves that appears harmless but isn't harmless.

I'm a Christian and I believe that God works in this world, sometimes in response to prayers and sometimes not. But I don't believe there is a grand design to the universe and that what happens is what is meant to happen. Are the children starving in Somalia meant to starve to death?

We parent the children we parent because of random chance. Out of millions, that particular sperm fertilized that particular egg. If a different sperm had been just a little bit faster then we'd parent a different child.

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 12th, 2011, 11:12 pm #8

...and other women, not so much. It isn't really that unusual, they likely did not have high FSH and did not go into menopause until later either.
you don't ovulate when you are pregnant, leaving more eggs for later.

August 12th, 2011, 11:44 pm #9

7 collective yrs of IF I had.
I like the way you think

I wanted to also add/post to this thread (and darn it, I thought I had previously clicked the post button but perhaps not) that my father's father was born to a 49yo mother. I wouldn't be here if my great grandmother hadn't of had that one last lucky little egg.

In those days there was no birthcontrol and there is 15yrs between my grandfather and his previous sibling. I am pretty sure they also didn't know the rhythm method. We are talking the 1800s. My father was born in 1921 to a mother who was 33. Old by that day's standards.

This too gave me strength every time ol' AF came a knockin'. Well, first I'd wallow but then I got up a again and grab those OPKs and get busy

(barging because I'm not ttc. I lurk and silently cheer you all on)
Juliemam

August 12th, 2011, 11:47 pm #10

you don't ovulate when you are pregnant, leaving more eggs for later.
while I was ttc, I asked my RE if being on the Pill had "done" something. I was on it for 10yrs or so. She was pretty darn sure it hadn't. But then I said, ok, if the pill stops you from ovulating, why don't I have 10yrs worth of eggs just eager to pop out.
I honestly don't remember her answer beyond: it doesn't work that way (which translated in my mind to "I don't know")

Confirmation of reply: