What would you do? 17 mm cyst and 2-4 little follicles on CD2

What would you do? 17 mm cyst and 2-4 little follicles on CD2

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

July 3rd, 2012, 4:34 pm #1

The u/s tech said that my leftover cyst that was 42mm last cyle and benched us is now 17 mm and it is collapsing. According to her.

She said there were 1-2 tiny follicles on each ovary.

FSH 24
E2 49
Prog 0.6
LH 10

What would you do? Proceed with injectables or wait yet another cycle?

TenaciousB
TenaciousB

July 3rd, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

I would not start stims with that follicle in the way.

I am the queen of cysts and I find that 7-10 days on the BCP allows them to resolve (I confirm via ultrasound). Then I go off BCP and wait for a withdrawl bleed about 4 days later and start cycle. If you do this, your current antrals should still be there.

If you think BCP will suppress you too much, then you should probably wait one more cycle before stimming.

July 3rd, 2012, 5:57 pm #3

The u/s tech said that my leftover cyst that was 42mm last cyle and benched us is now 17 mm and it is collapsing. According to her.

FSH 24
E2 49
Prog 0.6
LH 10

One month I had a cyst aspirated and stimmed and did well, but whenever I tried to cycle with a ride along cyst, it always seemed to eat up the meds. I know others have done it and not had a problem, but for me, it seemed to hinder response. I would sit out the cycle. It is shrinking quite a bit and I bet it will be gone next CD 2. I also saw you on the mammo post below. I ALWAYS get called back for a second look or u/s because I have dense breasts. So try not to worry. Hope that all gets sorted soon.

xoxo, Tracy

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

July 3rd, 2012, 9:21 pm #4

I think I will wait yet another cycle. Sigh. The never ending journey.

Funny - someone asked me if I had done anything differently that may have caused the cyst last month. It could be dumb luck but it was the first time I have ever taken clomid. Back to injectables for me if I ever get a green light again.

Of course, my husbands sister had a baby today, too. She's young - maybe 28 - but it still stings a bit.

Now I can focus on those dense breasts of mine. Thank you for the kind words of reassurance, Tracy.

July 4th, 2012, 12:28 am #5

FSH 24
E2 49
Prog 0.6
LH 10

There was one cycle in which I had a big cyst and my RE told me to proceed anyway. I never had problems growing follicles but in that cycle, I could only have one (usually 3-5) and it had trouble growing - I read later that cysts tend to absorb most of the meds before it disappears or is punctured during stim.

That was so far the only cycle that I didn't have a blast.

Jamie
Jamie

July 4th, 2012, 2:21 am #6

FSH 24
E2 49
Prog 0.6
LH 10

because of the cyst. Sorry--this is so frustrating! Hoping your mammo gets cleared up soon and you can take that burden off your mind.

Kim
Kim

July 8th, 2012, 12:13 pm #7

I think I will wait yet another cycle. Sigh. The never ending journey.

Funny - someone asked me if I had done anything differently that may have caused the cyst last month. It could be dumb luck but it was the first time I have ever taken clomid. Back to injectables for me if I ever get a green light again.

Of course, my husbands sister had a baby today, too. She's young - maybe 28 - but it still stings a bit.

Now I can focus on those dense breasts of mine. Thank you for the kind words of reassurance, Tracy.
Glad you decided to sit out. I had a cyst of 14.5mm one cycle I tried anyhow, and that cyst or cysts (not sure if there were two others b/c they were larger on day 2 with EPP) took most of the meds. I ended up with only one follicle - with one or two laggards. The follicles never lined up correctly b/c of the meds. By next cycle you should be good to go! Any way you could trigger around your natural surge this cycle to give an extra boost to make sure you O naturally at least? I mean to monitor this cycle without meds and trigger when the lead follicle looks to be 18mm+? Sure that the cyst will resolve by next month.

Confirmation of reply: