What about natural progesterone cream boosting fertility? nt.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 14th, 2011, 3:38 pm #1

anne
anne

December 14th, 2011, 4:38 pm #2

the creme is not as good as oral because it builds up in the subcutaneous layer and can release all at once. that happened to me and i thought for sure that i was pg. i don't think its harmful though.

the synthetic vg creme is supposed to provide better control and dosage. my acu told me that. the prgstn pills that are supposed to bring on a cycle can be natural rather than the provera. my acu gave me some really good ones.

December 14th, 2011, 6:29 pm #3

about what your acu gave you - natural progesterone pills. Was it OTC?

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2011, 8:01 pm #4

I think the claim of it "boosting fertility" is merely the same effect of progesterone support in the luteal phase, keeping your lining in place and not shedding it (and the poor embryo) before implantation takes place.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2011, 8:15 pm #5

what should progesterone levels be during cycle?

December 14th, 2011, 9:33 pm #6

I think the claim of it "boosting fertility" is merely the same effect of progesterone support in the luteal phase, keeping your lining in place and not shedding it (and the poor embryo) before implantation takes place.
So if you have a short luteal phase in a non-medicated cycle then perhaps progesterone cream would help to extend your luteal phase and if you had a little embryo trying to implant then it could hang around.

December 14th, 2011, 10:18 pm #7

I've been using Emerita with some success but it's not as effective at prometrium et al. I had no cycle/AF last Jan-Mar but was using the cream for a total of 3 full cycles before I had AF and incidently a follicle grew that cycle. I did what was suggested by the book What your Dr. may not tell you about progesterone: begin the last 2 weeks of cycle, wait two weeks and do it again. Dr. Lee suggests a method for bringing on a follicle but it says it takes about 3 cycles and I believe you are using the prog cream for almost 3 weeks each month. I just couldn't wait that long. FF I used progesterone last month and it did not bring on AF. I spoke w/ my GYN who insists I need a bleed every 3 months so I went on the prometrium. When I asked her about cream she said it wouldn't be powerful enough to induce a bleed. I think as maintenance it would be fine. It is a small amt. I had zero side effects and it did stop my hot flashes.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 15th, 2011, 12:58 am #8

I have it compounded from before TTC, it was prescribed to me. I've read the books years ago. Was wondering if anyone tried it. Thanks for your input. I think many of us are lower in progesterone than ideal, so I may use it for a while, for my symptoms anyway. Interesting that you did grow a follicle on it. Everyone is so stuck on DHEA, maybe progesterone can be of help as well.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 15th, 2011, 1:00 am #9

what should progesterone levels be during cycle?
Ideally, above 10 CD21 without medication and above, I think 15 medicated (although most RE's prefer it much higher). I know mine was in the 20's with Dr. Check on CD 21 medicated, and they flipped, changed my P4 completely. Below 10 is considered a weaker ovulation.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 15th, 2011, 1:01 am #10

On the lower end. But, not too bad. nt.

Confirmation of reply: