weight gain question

weight gain question

September 9th, 2011, 1:01 pm #1

Anyone have any luck with losing weight that you've gained from all the hormone/stim meds that you've taken? I need to lose about 10 more pounds that just won't come off. I went to Weight Watchers but even then, not coming off. Just thought I would post and see if anyone had any good suggestions.

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 9th, 2011, 1:23 pm #2

Eating gluten free foods sometimes, took DHEA, and i stopped drinking. That was it. I think for a while I was really good about no gluten and my DHEA was really low. Increased fruits and veggies, but especially greens.

September 9th, 2011, 1:48 pm #3

My uterus is tilted (not sure if I had it my entire life, or if it happened later due to all these hormones I have taken). My stomach has really increased over the years as a result of the hormones, and wondering if this also impacts the position of the uterus.

Could a chiropractor help get my uterus back in the proper position? Does the chiropractor have to be someone specialized in fertility? If not, what would I tell them - that I am trying to get my uterus into the right position? I don't want to reveal too much about TTC with a chiro that is not fertility related so is there something else I could say to them?

BD
BD

September 9th, 2011, 2:03 pm #4

Well, I think just general, regular adjustments to the lower back and hips and also some hip flexor stretching would allow the uterus to move into the right position on it's own. You don't have to get to much into it, just tell them you are TTC and want your lower back and hips in as good as shape as possible, I would suggest. I'd say go to a women, as well, who treats pregnant women. xooxx BD

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 9th, 2011, 3:43 pm #5

My uterus is tilted (not sure if I had it my entire life, or if it happened later due to all these hormones I have taken). My stomach has really increased over the years as a result of the hormones, and wondering if this also impacts the position of the uterus.

Could a chiropractor help get my uterus back in the proper position? Does the chiropractor have to be someone specialized in fertility? If not, what would I tell them - that I am trying to get my uterus into the right position? I don't want to reveal too much about TTC with a chiro that is not fertility related so is there something else I could say to them?
i remember in my thirties, my stomach started to pooch outward and when i went in for my well woman exam i mentioned this to the phys assistant; he mentioned a tilted uterus and said that it was very common. i'm glad you brought it up, i'm going online to see if anything can be done about it. there is abdominal massage that is supposed to help.

September 9th, 2011, 5:08 pm #6

Mine is really pooched outward. Does it occur over time? What causes it to happen? I will also need to look online.

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 9th, 2011, 5:53 pm #7

Also.. Maya Abdominal Massage. Look into that. Would help. nt.

September 11th, 2011, 12:04 pm #8

Mayan Abdominal Massage is also known as Arvigo - there is a website that lists all the certified practitioners here:https://www.arvigotherapy.com/

My uterus is slightly tilted forward and to the right. The practitioner will show you how to do self-care. It also helps aid in digestion issues and helps get blood flowing to your organs and uterus.

September 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm #9

for about 1/5 of women. I actually was told I had a tipped uterus in y late 20's. It is possible for the uterus to become tipped in women who have had "regular" uterus position before, especially around menopause, but majority of the time its a "natural" position and is not a threat or hindrance to function.

Confirmation of reply: