I just wanted to give you all an update on our progress....as you might recall we have 2 pgs normals banked....we were aiming to add a 3rd to the compliment as DH and I had always hoped for 2 kids, and given that each pgs normal embie on average gives about a 2/3 chance of a live birth...you get the picture.
Well, to that end we had 2 more very, very disappointing cycles....one where we retrieved 11 (thats right 11) eggs (I am 41 with DOR so this was super exciting and i THOUGHT would mark the end of the nightmare)...unfortunately we had poor fertilization, 3 blasts...all abnormal and 1 mosaic. I cried and cried.
Tried again...low antral follicle count....only 4 follicles responded...convert to iui...BFN...I did not cry, I saw that coming a mile off....I drank lots of beer instead.
decide it is time to just start transferring...need to get off this crazy train....nurse practitioner suggests the following plan..both a microdose luron flare protocol and a FET protocol start with BCP....why dont I take BCP for 10 days, have a baseline scan and if AFC is low...just continue on with BCP and do a FET. If AFC is high....do a microdose lupron flare, retrieval and then 5 days later a "bait and switch"....meaning transfer a previously frozen pgs tested embryo...and send the fresh ones off for testing and freezing.
Well, we ended up doing a bait and switch....we retrieved 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized....and 5 MADE IT TO BLAST TODAY!!! I am in shock.....we shall see what the pgs testing reveals, but I cant help but be pleased with these results so far.
We transferred a 5AA normal embryo 2 days ago....I am feeling sorta crampy and kinda gross....but happy and glad i have finally moved on to the next stage. I needed to get out of the egg collection stage very, very badly...it was starting to feel like purgatory...I would have transferred even without the last ER...DH was the one who sorta made me see the light in this regard that sometimes you just gotta move on. We are by no means out of the woods...nowhere close to it in fact. I just wanted to share the story of where I am now, both in terms of treatment and psychologically (lord knows this is a head trip and you need some serious fortitude to withstand it). The best piece of advice I got from this board was from Houston....go to the best clinic you can afford...and make sure it has an excellent lab. Truly...any doctor can run a good protocol and have a fancy lobby...you fate is made or broken in the lab.
This is great news baby4lulu! Thanks for updating us! Let's hope that the little one will go strong!