Thanks for all your support on my miscarriage! Should I try natural or IVF?

Thanks for all your support on my miscarriage! Should I try natural or IVF?

Holly
Holly

May 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm #1

Ladies:

Thanks so much for all your notes of support and prayers. I really appreciate it. What a difficult process to go through (especially the procedure - OMG)! Wanted to ask what all your thoughts were concerning our next steps. Until we receive more info from the testing of the placenta we won't know for sure what happened to the baby. Keeping that in mind if there is an abnormality such as a Trisomy or Turner's would you role the dice and try again on your own (OB recommends considering my luck with Clomid in January) or go straight to IVF and genetically test the embryos prior to transfer. My RE said that the process could compromise the integrity of the egg and suggested against it but that was before this. I've read some literature that suggests you could be prone to subsequent trisomy births if you've had the following 1) infertility 2) subsequent misscarriages that were caused by a trisomy. Any thoughts would be SO helpful.

May 26th, 2012, 9:42 pm #2

If money is not a problem, then go straight to IVF, but don't expect success in one cycle. Budget for 2 cycles.

However, given that you have had previous success and miscarried late term, that means your whole system is go, and you can find success naturally. Most importantly, you are still young with a very manageable FSH.

If I were you, I would do medicated cycles (a lot cheaper than IVF), Clomid, injectables on low dose, and try to get no more than 2 follicles going each time for a year. Your recent loss was just a matter of bad luck and not indicative of your egg quality. If you cannot find success within 12 months on medicated cycle, then I would move ahead to IVF.

holly
holly

May 26th, 2012, 9:46 pm #3

Thanks for the input! Greatly appreciated! XOXO Holly

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2012, 9:46 pm #4

Ladies:

Thanks so much for all your notes of support and prayers. I really appreciate it. What a difficult process to go through (especially the procedure - OMG)! Wanted to ask what all your thoughts were concerning our next steps. Until we receive more info from the testing of the placenta we won't know for sure what happened to the baby. Keeping that in mind if there is an abnormality such as a Trisomy or Turner's would you role the dice and try again on your own (OB recommends considering my luck with Clomid in January) or go straight to IVF and genetically test the embryos prior to transfer. My RE said that the process could compromise the integrity of the egg and suggested against it but that was before this. I've read some literature that suggests you could be prone to subsequent trisomy births if you've had the following 1) infertility 2) subsequent misscarriages that were caused by a trisomy. Any thoughts would be SO helpful.
Test the embryo's. I had a friend that had multiple miscarriages after 40. Did IVF twice, second one, got 18 eggs, and found a good egg there. You are able to get pregnant, you just need the good egg. IVF would get you closer, faster. Miscarriages make you lose time. You are more likely to get the golden egg more efficiently through IVF.

Confirmation of reply: