Success Stories for Natural Conception? (child ment)

Success Stories for Natural Conception? (child ment)

Anna From Awhile Ago
Anna From Awhile Ago

January 8th, 2012, 9:15 pm #1

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I'd put aside thoughts of having a second child last summer but the feelings are coming back and I'm cautiously dipping my toe into the TTC thing again.

Insurance won't pay for infertility treatments because my highest FSH was over 15. I think at its highest it was 26 but it usually ranged around 11 to 12. I haven't had it tested since last summer though so God only knows where it is today. I cannot justify spending money out of pocket for IVF since the odds are dismal and it would require taking money out of savings that we would like to use for DD. Plus I don't know if I could emotionally go through IVF. I did an IUI and was a basket case.

DH has male factor infertility and I have DOR. DD was conceived after 6 months of trying when I did not have elevated FSH.

Does anyone have any success stories out there for CBFM or "natural" technologies for NaPro?

anne
anne

January 9th, 2012, 4:53 pm #2

in my research, fsh levels only have to do with how well you will respond to stimms. others will tell you differently. i had one doctor tell me on the phone that because my fsh was 75 i would not ovulate. while i was talking to him i felt a huge ovulation in my right ovary. i swear it was while i was talking to him. i told him i was ovulating that minute! i'm sure he did not believe me.

if you don't have the money, then just bd at least 3x per week. if there is a good egg you will catch it. you can enhance your chances by doing an oil based hsg, using preseed, softcups.

persistance is key. best of luck.

January 9th, 2012, 5:58 pm #3

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I'd put aside thoughts of having a second child last summer but the feelings are coming back and I'm cautiously dipping my toe into the TTC thing again.

Insurance won't pay for infertility treatments because my highest FSH was over 15. I think at its highest it was 26 but it usually ranged around 11 to 12. I haven't had it tested since last summer though so God only knows where it is today. I cannot justify spending money out of pocket for IVF since the odds are dismal and it would require taking money out of savings that we would like to use for DD. Plus I don't know if I could emotionally go through IVF. I did an IUI and was a basket case.

DH has male factor infertility and I have DOR. DD was conceived after 6 months of trying when I did not have elevated FSH.

Does anyone have any success stories out there for CBFM or "natural" technologies for NaPro?
after four failed iVF attempts. I am still very much a newbie with the medicated only attempt, but I would love to have someone to compare notes with if you decide to go that route.

After my initial conssult with the Napro doctor I did a natural monitored cycle. It included CD 3 ultrasound and bloodwork and every other day bloodwork throughout that cycle. It was determined that i didn't have an optimal ovulation and that my progesterone levels were low. I took the following month off to do a low stim ivf but when that failed I started right in with a medicated cycle with the Napro doctor. This is my second month of meds.

Good luck!

Anna From Awhile Ago
Anna From Awhile Ago

January 10th, 2012, 1:35 am #4

I looked on the Fertility Care Centers website and there are no doctors in the area. I found one clinic in a town about 75 miles from here and called today. They said I had to start with learning the Creighton Method and then see the doctor. Is that how you started?

January 10th, 2012, 3:24 am #5

I found the Dr. on the Fertility Care website but I have never taken the Creighton Model classes. The push it every time I go into the office, but it wasn't mandatory to see the doctor. I already chart with checking CM which is maybe why they are still willing to see me without the training. I'd love to find the book and go through it myself. Here is an online way to chart with the Creigton Model.http://www.nfpwebcharting.com Some of it's self explanatory, but not everything. Currently I just use the ovulation tracker on medhelp.com and print that out for my office visits.

They claim they can tell a lot about your fertility by using theirmethod of charting, but honestly it seems like a waste in my case. I am as dry as I can be every day except for about three days a month. I think that speaks volumes in itself and adding a bunch of dry days to their preferred calendar just seems like a terrible waste of my time. I usually verify ovulation with an OPK and I only ever use one or two tests a month, which to me is a pretty good indicator that I got this CM thing down to a science. Sorry if this is TMI.

Fortunately my Dr's office is 45 min away, which is actually closer then any RE's office.

Maybe if you mention your age they would reconsider? I've been very upfront with them that I had no time to waste.

Confirmation of reply: