Spam posts

Spam posts

April 14th, 2012, 3:35 am #1

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long but life has been crazy. Anyhow, I deleted the ads and got their IP addresses they were posted by 3 IP addresses. This should help for a while but unfortunately they will just change their IP address. I looked on the Admin Forums here on Net54 and they basically said that the only way to completely block these kid of posts is to make it mandatory for users to have a login. I know that it is important for some people to not have a login. At least it was in the past. Plus, for new posters it would be harder for them to find this forum since they won't be able to read the posts. It is up to all of you if you want to do this I can easily change the forum to login only.

I will try to check the forum as often as possible and continue to block them but depending on how persistent these spammers are I can't promise that you'll never see them.

Let me know what you all think. Logins can still be anon you can make up any name and they are free.

Unfortunately spammers are annoying buggers.

ALM
ALM

April 14th, 2012, 3:54 am #2

is that they are traceable. Someone posted a site that traced all posts associated with you. It's been about 2 years ago, and I looked and sure enough a search on me yielded my posts here, which contained very personal information that I only wanted to share with others in the same situation. I stopped logging in and changed my username.

While I don't log-in, I do always post with my signature to identify myself. Nothing to hide here because I truly want everyone to be successful.

That's my $0.02.

summerwind03
summerwind03

April 14th, 2012, 11:27 am #3

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long but life has been crazy. Anyhow, I deleted the ads and got their IP addresses they were posted by 3 IP addresses. This should help for a while but unfortunately they will just change their IP address. I looked on the Admin Forums here on Net54 and they basically said that the only way to completely block these kid of posts is to make it mandatory for users to have a login. I know that it is important for some people to not have a login. At least it was in the past. Plus, for new posters it would be harder for them to find this forum since they won't be able to read the posts. It is up to all of you if you want to do this I can easily change the forum to login only.

I will try to check the forum as often as possible and continue to block them but depending on how persistent these spammers are I can't promise that you'll never see them.

Let me know what you all think. Logins can still be anon you can make up any name and they are free.

Are there any other folks who have moderator privileges? If multiple people were keeping an eye out and deleting when they saw the ads, that would probably keep up with it better. I don't think it's a huge deal if one or two sneak on from time to time, it was just frustrating when most of the posts were spam!

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 14th, 2012, 2:29 pm #4

Thank you for taking the time to address this. You do a terrific job with this site. I am so grateful for you establishing it and maintaining it. It's a daily part of my life. I sincerely thank you for all you have done to change my life forever. Without you, we wouldn't have our DD.

April 14th, 2012, 2:37 pm #5

Wasn't the "hello!" poster logged in? I noticed "he" showed a login with a different g.mail address each time. I know it is against g.mail policy to create multiple accounts for the purpose of spamming, but I don't know what they would do about it. Probably nothing. So, I think requiring a log-in wouldn't stop those posts unless the ISP address is blocked and like you said, they could just get another one.

Anyway, thanks so much for getting rid of all that garbage.

April 14th, 2012, 2:40 pm #6

is that they are traceable. Someone posted a site that traced all posts associated with you. It's been about 2 years ago, and I looked and sure enough a search on me yielded my posts here, which contained very personal information that I only wanted to share with others in the same situation. I stopped logging in and changed my username.

While I don't log-in, I do always post with my signature to identify myself. Nothing to hide here because I truly want everyone to be successful.

That's my $0.02.
Are you kidding me?! I must have missed that post. I may go back and try and find it. I do know that some g.oogle searches I've done on some unusual protocols or supplements pop up with a post I've done on this site, which kind of freaks me out a little.

April 14th, 2012, 7:44 pm #7

They just added their email address and that is why the link was blue. You can see posts from Hello on the High FSH board. Anyhow I'll leave it open hopefully the gremlins won't come back too soon!

April 15th, 2012, 1:45 am #8

I was noting all the different e-mail addresses and my tired brain got confused. Now, I see.

April 15th, 2012, 8:06 pm #9

I really appreciate not seeing the ads, it made the board harder to use and like others, I learn so much here. Thanks again for all you do!

April 16th, 2012, 9:26 pm #10

Hopefully they will move on and target other boards. Thanks for all that you do to keep our board a safe place to come.

xoxo, Tracy

Confirmation of reply: