So my protocol for next cycle - Femara and Ganirelix.

So my protocol for next cycle - Femara and Ganirelix.

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 4th, 2011, 6:25 pm #1

That's it. No FSH. Everyone else seems to use FSH. But, everyone else seems to not be as bad off as me, so I'm thinking maybe he doesn't want an FSH frying my egg... but nervous I won't get as good of a response without it.. ugh.

October 4th, 2011, 11:46 pm #2

Your RE if you can add in just 75 of FSH as a boost when you add the ganarelix. I usually up stims by 75 when adding it because it tends to slow things down a tad and drop estrogen. My RE would probably suggest 75 menopur because he is a fan of adding in a little extra FSH and LH when you add the ganarelix. I so hope this is your cycle!

xoxo, Tracy

SMRC
SMRC

October 5th, 2011, 2:01 am #3

That's it. No FSH. Everyone else seems to use FSH. But, everyone else seems to not be as bad off as me, so I'm thinking maybe he doesn't want an FSH frying my egg... but nervous I won't get as good of a response without it.. ugh.
just wishing you good luck this upcoming cycle, BD. I have never taken Femara so can't give any wisdom here, but I think it's exciting you're trying some new/different (and you should get comfort from having Tracy's advice). I'll be watching your progress closely! SMRC

anne
anne

October 5th, 2011, 8:16 pm #4

a better response than you think. best of luck and chin up girly.

Suz43
Suz43

October 6th, 2011, 2:21 am #5

Will be watching and waiting to hear how it goes!!!

October 6th, 2011, 2:48 pm #6

I wouldn't worry about just taking the Femara. My understanding is that it works just like Clomid, but has a different effect on the estrogen receptors in the lining (so it doesn't thin it out). Other than that, I have heard many women have luck on it, so maybe this will be a good protocol for you.

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 6th, 2011, 10:21 pm #7

Hope all of you are well. Been thinking of you all. Frankly, for the first time, I'm not that hopeful and think I'm just throwing money away, but I will persevere through the next two cycles, then praying I will be able to let it go after that. I personally do not believe being positive or negative will affect the outcome, but while I am in it, I promise to think positively! Hugs to all of you. xoxo BD

ALM
ALM

October 8th, 2011, 4:29 pm #8

I've never used Femara, but my understanding is that it will produce 1 follicle. That's coming from a Doc who works cycles around M-F office hours, so take it for what it's worth.

That said, if you only produce 1-2 follicles anyhow, then won't this save considerable $$? And also be easier on your egg? I know it's hard to stay hopeful. The journey is rough. Hang in there! I hope this is the one for you.

BD
BD

October 9th, 2011, 1:24 pm #9

I'm think of you and knowing you are almost behind all this crap!! Yes, only get one egg, praying maybe another will pop out, and YES - saving money and shots!!! Hopefully will be much nicer on my egg, although Dr. T says it's not the stims... not sure I totally believe that, as much as I love Dr. T. Thanks again. xoox BD

Confirmation of reply: