single egg retrival AGAIN, should i do it??

single egg retrival AGAIN, should i do it??

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 27th, 2011, 9:02 pm #1

i dont know if you guys know my history, but this is my 2nd IVF. the first one was high stim i made one egg, retrieved, didnt fertilized, all I could do was cry and cry .....

couldnt do IVF for 5 month after that cause either I had a cyst or a low AFC (well my AFC is 4 , but only one from left ovary always grows)

after 5 month of going to RE every other week finally was able to do another IVF. this time EPP with low stim, 300 gonal-F only, very different from firs time. AGAIN after 14 days of stim i have one follicle on the left , where i have endometriosis and my RE thinks my tube wont be able to pick up the egg with this much amount of endo that I have. the retrieval will be this Friday. WTH should I do. Should I go for it or should I cancel go to check or Schoolcraft or Davis and hope for a better cycle or a miracle(I am in California, so coming o NY wont be easy but doable and expensive and I work full time..). I am going crazy , any advice???? If I cancel I probably have to pay a good $3000 cause the RE saw me almost every day for he past week and they will charge me for all that, if I dont cancel I pay $8500 for IVf +$2000 for ICSI cause I am doing that this time. If this IVf doesnt work the third IVf is freeeeee based on my clinic policy. My highest FSH was 28.

Advice please..
Quote
Share

Joined: December 20th, 2010, 7:38 pm

September 27th, 2011, 9:33 pm #2

I have friends who went to CCRM with AFC and the egg output didn't increase. If you have already used estrogen priming, saizen, steroid, etc Schoolcraft is not going to have more gimmicks for you to increase output. I think your game is to focus on quality, and it is so very true that it only takes one. There are quite a few success stories on this site with a single follicle at retrieval.

I think it is an important data point if you can retrieve. Last time your egg was "fried" by the high stim. This time on 300 gonal-f, which is high medium, we can see if the egg quality improved. If there is improvement, your next IVF can start off with an even lower dosage.

The key is, each IVF is a data collection cycle. That's why you try to avoid doing the same thing over and over again because you obtain NO new data. Try to hold some input constant, and tweak with one or two variables. This way, you get to learn how your body reacts.

I believe that someone posted a research here showing that if you push it through IVF (if your clinic is ok with single egg retrieval), live birth rate is quite a bit higher than converted IUI in these possible "conversion" situations.
Quote
Like
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2011, 9:51 pm #3

Infact schoolcraft was trained with David Meldrum
(My re) and shoolcraft recognizes that on his bio on his website. So meldrum did try all testosterone+ steroids+ saizan+ 450 gonal+300menopur and all he got was one crappppy egg. So this time epp with gonal only no menopur. Anyway I think I just do it , I don't have any other choice if I want OE prg. My tube won't pick up the egg because of endo...
Quote
Share

Joined: December 20th, 2010, 7:38 pm

September 27th, 2011, 10:22 pm #4

all from the same school and same teachers. So they pretty much copy each other's protocols, if one guy prescribed you a protocol, the other is very likely to prescribe the same, at least for my personal experience.

IVF is more of an experiment on our own body, and your doctor may not understand it better than you. Good luck with retrieval, one egg is not a failure, the key is quality.
Quote
Like
Share

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

September 28th, 2011, 12:27 am #5

i dont know if you guys know my history, but this is my 2nd IVF. the first one was high stim i made one egg, retrieved, didnt fertilized, all I could do was cry and cry .....

couldnt do IVF for 5 month after that cause either I had a cyst or a low AFC (well my AFC is 4 , but only one from left ovary always grows)

after 5 month of going to RE every other week finally was able to do another IVF. this time EPP with low stim, 300 gonal-F only, very different from firs time. AGAIN after 14 days of stim i have one follicle on the left , where i have endometriosis and my RE thinks my tube wont be able to pick up the egg with this much amount of endo that I have. the retrieval will be this Friday. WTH should I do. Should I go for it or should I cancel go to check or Schoolcraft or Davis and hope for a better cycle or a miracle(I am in California, so coming o NY wont be easy but doable and expensive and I work full time..). I am going crazy , any advice???? If I cancel I probably have to pay a good $3000 cause the RE saw me almost every day for he past week and they will charge me for all that, if I dont cancel I pay $8500 for IVf +$2000 for ICSI cause I am doing that this time. If this IVf doesnt work the third IVf is freeeeee based on my clinic policy. My highest FSH was 28.

Advice please..
so he just called me and told me my E2 went from 400 to 300, we will go again tomorrow and will probably cancel the cycle if E2 doesnt go up. i am sad but not very much. if its not suppose to work its better not to do the f**ing IVF.

Quote
Share

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

September 28th, 2011, 1:00 am #6

i dont know if you guys know my history, but this is my 2nd IVF. the first one was high stim i made one egg, retrieved, didnt fertilized, all I could do was cry and cry .....

couldnt do IVF for 5 month after that cause either I had a cyst or a low AFC (well my AFC is 4 , but only one from left ovary always grows)

after 5 month of going to RE every other week finally was able to do another IVF. this time EPP with low stim, 300 gonal-F only, very different from firs time. AGAIN after 14 days of stim i have one follicle on the left , where i have endometriosis and my RE thinks my tube wont be able to pick up the egg with this much amount of endo that I have. the retrieval will be this Friday. WTH should I do. Should I go for it or should I cancel go to check or Schoolcraft or Davis and hope for a better cycle or a miracle(I am in California, so coming o NY wont be easy but doable and expensive and I work full time..). I am going crazy , any advice???? If I cancel I probably have to pay a good $3000 cause the RE saw me almost every day for he past week and they will charge me for all that, if I dont cancel I pay $8500 for IVf +$2000 for ICSI cause I am doing that this time. If this IVf doesnt work the third IVf is freeeeee based on my clinic policy. My highest FSH was 28.

Advice please..
I don't have any advice, but I feel for you. Hope you are doing okay tonight.
Quote
Share

summerwind03
summerwind03

September 28th, 2011, 2:56 am #7

i dont know if you guys know my history, but this is my 2nd IVF. the first one was high stim i made one egg, retrieved, didnt fertilized, all I could do was cry and cry .....

couldnt do IVF for 5 month after that cause either I had a cyst or a low AFC (well my AFC is 4 , but only one from left ovary always grows)

after 5 month of going to RE every other week finally was able to do another IVF. this time EPP with low stim, 300 gonal-F only, very different from firs time. AGAIN after 14 days of stim i have one follicle on the left , where i have endometriosis and my RE thinks my tube wont be able to pick up the egg with this much amount of endo that I have. the retrieval will be this Friday. WTH should I do. Should I go for it or should I cancel go to check or Schoolcraft or Davis and hope for a better cycle or a miracle(I am in California, so coming o NY wont be easy but doable and expensive and I work full time..). I am going crazy , any advice???? If I cancel I probably have to pay a good $3000 cause the RE saw me almost every day for he past week and they will charge me for all that, if I dont cancel I pay $8500 for IVf +$2000 for ICSI cause I am doing that this time. If this IVf doesnt work the third IVf is freeeeee based on my clinic policy. My highest FSH was 28.

Advice please..
That always seems to make a lot of sense to me for women who are poor responders.

I'm sorry this cycle isn't going the way you want.
Quote
Share


Confirmation of reply: