Should DH & I "BD" Tonight? URGENT question. ;)

Should DH & I "BD" Tonight? URGENT question. ;)

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

January 8th, 2012, 5:02 pm #1

Hey, my sugar snaps! I know I've been silent for quite a while--no news is no news around here.

Anyway, as planned, DH got his vasectomy reversed in September, and it worked. The sperm count is back, though probably not yet 100%.

According to the Clear Blue monitor, I'm on Day 2 of my surge, and will probably O either later tonight or tomorrow. We BD'd last night and the night before.

Question is this: Should I give DH the night off tonight, and BD tomorrow morning instead, so he can replenish his sperm supply overnight, or should we go for it tonight and tomorrow night, too?

Sorry if this is TMI, but really, what's TMI on this board anyway?!

Kisses to all....xoxoxoxoChix

January 8th, 2012, 6:10 pm #2

Or is it day two of the high reading and you have yet to peak?

If it is day two of peak then I think you should definitely BD today. And tomorrow too just in case. You want the sperm there ready and waiting for when you ovulate.

Good luck!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm #3

Hey, my sugar snaps! I know I've been silent for quite a while--no news is no news around here.

Anyway, as planned, DH got his vasectomy reversed in September, and it worked. The sperm count is back, though probably not yet 100%.

According to the Clear Blue monitor, I'm on Day 2 of my surge, and will probably O either later tonight or tomorrow. We BD'd last night and the night before.

Question is this: Should I give DH the night off tonight, and BD tomorrow morning instead, so he can replenish his sperm supply overnight, or should we go for it tonight and tomorrow night, too?

Chix!! It's always good to see you post. That is great news that the vasectomy worked. Anyway..I tend to agree with raindrops...I would BD tonight and if your DH has the strength...hit him up again in the morning. I always feel like I want to get BD in when I can and not wait just in case DH has performance issues!!! I'm paranoid that way. I feel like a bird in the hand..is worth one on the bush Umnn..so to speak..LOL

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm #4

Chix!! It's always good to see you post. That is great news that the vasectomy worked. Anyway..I tend to agree with raindrops...I would BD tonight and if your DH has the strength...hit him up again in the morning. I always feel like I want to get BD in when I can and not wait just in case DH has performance issues!!! I'm paranoid that way. I feel like a bird in the hand..is worth one on the bush Umnn..so to speak..LOL

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm #5

Chic
Chic

January 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm #6

Or is it day two of the high reading and you have yet to peak?

If it is day two of peak then I think you should definitely BD today. And tomorrow too just in case. You want the sperm there ready and waiting for when you ovulate.

Good luck!
I just got the second high reading today. Should peak aka ovulate tomorrow. So should I get down tonight or hit it tomorrow?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 8th, 2012, 6:18 pm #7

URGH...Sorry for the triple posts n/t

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 8th, 2012, 6:20 pm #8

LOL..OMG..I meant "in the b..." n/t

January 8th, 2012, 6:44 pm #9

I just got the second high reading today. Should peak aka ovulate tomorrow. So should I get down tonight or hit it tomorrow?
Ok my RE explained this to me. Those tests only tell you when you are getting the hormone surge to ovulate. Not that you are ovulating on that specific day. You will ovulate sometime after you see that peak on the test. It might be 12 hours later or maybe even 48 hours later. But you want the sperm there ready for when it happens So the high reading is just telling you are getting close to the peak surge days. I used to get about five days of high readings and then two days of peak surge on the monitor. If you also check with OPKs in the afternoon then you can check yourself twice a day.

You definitely want to BD on those peak days. Since your DH had his vasectomy reversal recently it would make sense to wait until tomorrow morning to BD when you get that peak reading and he can build up his supply today. But the problem is you may just get another high reading tomorrow. You might not get the peak reading for a few more days.

I have read where it is suggested to BD every day before ovulation to cover all your bases. But I have also read every other day especially if there is some sort of impaired sperm count.

I think I would take a break today, let DH rest and BD tomorrow with either a peak or a high reading tomorrow.

January 8th, 2012, 6:49 pm #10

Well there is always that too! Sometimes it is just better to do it when you can. It depends on how cooperative DH is.

Confirmation of reply: