shocked (pg and losses ment)

shocked (pg and losses ment)

ajc
ajc

August 15th, 2012, 4:10 am #1

Hi, I'm 41.9 at this point and have been ttc no 2 for 3 years. Miraculously, we got pg naturally this cycle (I have only been pg naturally once in 6 years of no bc and ttc--which resulted in my first m/c) so we are shocked. After 10? rounds of clomid, 2 fresh and one frozen IVF and still no second baby, this is just shocking to think that my body actually got it together enough to implant on it's own.

However, I have also had 5 losses and this beta seems too low to me. I'm around 5 weeks and a 330 beta doesn't seem too hot. I have the second one to do tomorrow so that will give us more info.

On a positive note, I have 3 close friends who went through IF hell and had 'surprise' babies when they least expected it. I just don't think that will be me, based on my history. I am happy to think that my body (finally!) tried at least, but as you can imagine, I'm very very guarded about the outcome of this (however, had my first beta been stellar, maybe I would have had a better attitude!)

I figure that I can just proceed with our previous plans of one more round OE and then DE. I wish I could will it into a healthy pg but my odds are not great (in addition to 5 previous losses, on my last IVF we had 10/10 abnormal CGH embryos). I just wanted to talk about it, thanks for "listening"...

August 15th, 2012, 4:56 am #2

I really hope this works.

summerwind03
summerwind03

August 15th, 2012, 9:43 pm #3

Hi, I'm 41.9 at this point and have been ttc no 2 for 3 years. Miraculously, we got pg naturally this cycle (I have only been pg naturally once in 6 years of no bc and ttc--which resulted in my first m/c) so we are shocked. After 10? rounds of clomid, 2 fresh and one frozen IVF and still no second baby, this is just shocking to think that my body actually got it together enough to implant on it's own.

However, I have also had 5 losses and this beta seems too low to me. I'm around 5 weeks and a 330 beta doesn't seem too hot. I have the second one to do tomorrow so that will give us more info.

On a positive note, I have 3 close friends who went through IF hell and had 'surprise' babies when they least expected it. I just don't think that will be me, based on my history. I am happy to think that my body (finally!) tried at least, but as you can imagine, I'm very very guarded about the outcome of this (however, had my first beta been stellar, maybe I would have had a better attitude!)

I figure that I can just proceed with our previous plans of one more round OE and then DE. I wish I could will it into a healthy pg but my odds are not great (in addition to 5 previous losses, on my last IVF we had 10/10 abnormal CGH embryos). I just wanted to talk about it, thanks for "listening"...
I hope this is a keeper for you!

ajc
ajc

August 16th, 2012, 4:16 am #4

Thank you both for the well wishes. Second beta jumped to 937, which made me happy, but I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet. I have decided to not stress until the u/s appt a week from Friday. Then I'll know if it's in the uterus or not and what the status is. I hate how all the previous losses make me so paranoid and nervous about any potential good news. Oh well, there is not much I can do, but wait and hope, right?

August 17th, 2012, 4:07 pm #5

Congratulations on your second beta number! I have had two miscarriages (while trying to conceive #2), so I definitely understand the paranoia. Hang in there and I hope you continue to get good news!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 17th, 2012, 4:28 pm #6

You really just never know. This could be your golden egg. Good luck and all the best!!

ajc
ajc

August 17th, 2012, 5:02 pm #7

thank you, I need it! I was so 'zen' a cpl days ago but now have looked up my old betas from previous failed pgs to see that there were 2 of them that had great betas (one came with a couple of early u/s with heartbeats). Ugh, I should have stayed back in the 'zen' mode! haha I may be doing some private lab betas next week so that I don't make myself crazy wondering. Now i"m going to just try to relax for the w/e (hubby/my anniversary) and try to block out the demons who try to make me crazy..haha

ajc
ajc

August 17th, 2012, 10:48 pm #8

Congratulations on your second beta number! I have had two miscarriages (while trying to conceive #2), so I definitely understand the paranoia. Hang in there and I hope you continue to get good news!
I appreciate it so much! I was feeling paranoid today but my acupuncturist said that it felt like a 'strong' pg pulse, so for now, I feel like I can relax a little through the weekend. I think I'll definitely do the private labs next week--I can't go into the u/s blindly, it's just too much for me. :O

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2012, 1:09 am #9

thank you, I need it! I was so 'zen' a cpl days ago but now have looked up my old betas from previous failed pgs to see that there were 2 of them that had great betas (one came with a couple of early u/s with heartbeats). Ugh, I should have stayed back in the 'zen' mode! haha I may be doing some private lab betas next week so that I don't make myself crazy wondering. Now i"m going to just try to relax for the w/e (hubby/my anniversary) and try to block out the demons who try to make me crazy..haha
I had an expected BFP at age 40 after two miscarriages and a year of infertility after that. My betas were very similar to yours. I went on to have a happy and healthy baby who now is 4! Really the heartbeat is the biggest factor. Try to get an ultrasound around 7-8 weeks.

thanks!
thanks!

August 20th, 2012, 6:47 pm #10

Those stories are always hopeful to hear! I had my 3rd back at (approx) day 25po at 2900 so it slowed considerably from the other beta doubling time, but still doubled so I hope that's okay. U/s friday, I am hoping for a story like your's!

Confirmation of reply: