Really need help on what you would do, GO to NH natural or not?(preg ment)

Really need help on what you would do, GO to NH natural or not?(preg ment)

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 6:49 pm #1

Ok so I have now touched base with all that I think I can manage quickly on this journey as I know time's a wastin'.

I just want to know what you all think of the NH natural process.

Just got off of phone with nurse, she thought my numbers were WAY better than most of the women that come there in my age group and younger. Also seemed to think two prior pregs was a good thing in judging.

They do NOT care at all about AMH (mine is 55) while that is ALL that my local RE cares about.

She wasn't worried about the cd 1 and cd 3 low E2 but so NOW, the big question is it worth going for it?

Should I NOT do the Femara AT all this cycle or just do it to see what happens in general. She threw 5% success of the one egg they pull out on natural cycles BUT told me then they continue to bank for future if no fertilization on first attempt.

Pricing was not astronomical compared to some others. Was really amazed that they seem to be somewhat gracious to us older ladies who are NOT as likely to conceive in factoring cost.

Would really like to now about what ANYONE here knows about NH natural cycle IVF?

Anything.

I would be so ever eternally grateful.

Much love

SP

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 7:22 pm #2

And scared and wondering if taking it could mess me up somehow?

March 28th, 2012, 7:42 pm #3

Ok so I have now touched base with all that I think I can manage quickly on this journey as I know time's a wastin'.

Just got off of phone with nurse, she thought my numbers were WAY better than most of the women that come there in my age group and younger. Also seemed to think two prior pregs was a good thing in judging.

They do NOT care at all about AMH (mine is 55) while that is ALL that my local RE cares about.

She wasn't worried about the cd 1 and cd 3 low E2 but so NOW, the big question is it worth going for it?

Should I NOT do the Femara AT all this cycle or just do it to see what happens in general. She threw 5% success of the one egg they pull out on natural cycles BUT told me then they continue to bank for future if no fertilization on first attempt.

Pricing was not astronomical compared to some others. Was really amazed that they seem to be somewhat gracious to us older ladies who are NOT as likely to conceive in factoring cost.

Would really like to now about what ANYONE here knows about NH natural cycle IVF?

Anything.

Much love

SP
When you say NH, you mean N.ew H.op,e right? So, did they suggest femara? Because they do have femara protocols and I wouldn't say that is natural, but low stim. Natural cycle is no meds at all, monitor the blood levels and go in for retrieval when you are surging.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 7:53 pm #4

My local RE wants me to do 7.5 mg of femara for 5 days and do TI starting today.

I am paranoid it will somehow mess up my perfect cycles or ovulation.

I opted out of injections this month because I am traveling.

She figured it couldn't hurt anything and perhaps I would have more eggs? I do ovulate and there was proof that I did both times I was tested.

I totally get the natural IVF thing. Sorry for any confusion.

What would you do?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 7:57 pm #5

Yes meant n.ew h.ope

March 28th, 2012, 9:17 pm #6

Anything.

Much love

SP
I have seen this at least three times with patients doing OOT natural IVF at New Hope, when they ovulate early, there isn't enough time to get on a plane to do an emergency retrieval.

Your FSH is very good for your age, and so is your AFC. If you are doing out of town IVF, go with stim.
Last edited by miraclex2 on March 28th, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2012, 9:19 pm #7

And scared and wondering if taking it could mess me up somehow?
My dose is different (8 tab of 2.5mg on cd 3) and I'm actually using the generic form Letrozole, but it has helped lengthen my pre-ovulatory phase. I was told that the half-life of Femara is very short. I don't think I would be alarmed in trying it, but I will warn you to have preseed handy and take some Mucinex near O. It drys me up.

March 28th, 2012, 10:05 pm #8

I have seen this at least three times with patients doing OOT natural IVF at New Hope, when they ovulate early, there isn't enough time to get on a plane to do an emergency retrieval.

Your FSH is very good for your age, and so is your AFC. If you are doing out of town IVF, go with stim.
don't even try it even if you are in the tri-state area. They can never time it properly and I lost a lot of time doing natural. I would try low stim, but do medicated so that you can control your cycle.

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 10:48 pm #9

My dose is different (8 tab of 2.5mg on cd 3) and I'm actually using the generic form Letrozole, but it has helped lengthen my pre-ovulatory phase. I was told that the half-life of Femara is very short. I don't think I would be alarmed in trying it, but I will warn you to have preseed handy and take some Mucinex near O. It drys me up.
What is the mucinex for?

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 28th, 2012, 11:04 pm #10

I sat down with my husband just now and tried to summarize EVERYTHING I could for him.

I talked about the S. Irm protocol we both listened to over the phone with the doctor for our consult with them and we re-addressed the meds only route with our local RE and we also got to talk about the natural cycle only with NH having your kind info on-hand.

I was WONDERING about that O timing issue. How is THE world could they EVER manage that without meds?!?!?

He basically feels like that the risk/reward going out of town doesn't in his opinion raise our chances measurably but definitely lessens our bank account and most likely we are going to have to go back for more cycles. NH told me about 10 cycles. So I am GOING to free my brain of thinking of that as an option for now and just stay local.

Maybe I have to accept my limits.

Maybe just maybe my numbers are good enough to produce something with the medication alone? He says he will support whatever I want to do but I am just not sure I am sure I am ready to go forward. Ugh I had made an appt with Dr. Z.ha.ng and now I am wondering if I should keep it?

Now I just have to figure out how best to catch the egg on TI. Do you have any good insight on that? (Not kidding) The last two months I have tried to conceive using the OPK and Clear Blue Fertility Monitor I am getting highs for about 4 days prior to that PEAK/SURGE which I cross check with the Clear Blue digital. My concern is catching it within the first 12 hours that I actually O. Sperm has to be there BEFORE the egg comes out right?

PS: apparently my husband sperm analysis is as follows. Do you know how to interpret this are any of these numbers although "normal" grounds for concern:

Vol. 5.3 ml
ph 8
concentration: 158 X 10*6/ml
motility: 80%
Total count 837 X 10*6
Round Cells Forward progression: 3

MORPHOLOGY based on Kuger Strict: Normal Forms: 18%/Head Defects: 38%/Midpiece Defect: 20%/

Tail Defects: 24%

Confirmation of reply: