Question for a friend

Question for a friend

December 3rd, 2011, 4:18 am #1

here is the deal. She is 45. Wants to try naturally. NO DRUGS.
I thought about mentioning Dr. Check but he does drugs doesn't he?
I just thought I'd ask if you have ever heard of anyone trying without Western Medicine's help at all at 45?

Thank you all!

December 3rd, 2011, 1:18 pm #2

I'm using TCM from the fertile soul and I think Jill Blakeway in NY does the same thing in terms of natural fertility. I am over doing big interventions and while I don't realistically expect success, I didn't ever get to just do IUI (for various reasons) which is what I originally planned (once you're on the IVF ride it can be hard to get off...thinking "if I just tweak it a bit....")

So I'm just going no stress IUI while I work through whether I want to pursue DE. I might go for P4 in the 2ww but that will be all....

I'm no poster child for success, but your friend won't be the only one doing natural only at this age.

Al

December 3rd, 2011, 3:18 pm #3

I just thought I'd ask if you have ever heard of anyone trying without Western Medicine's help at all at 45?

Thank you all!
you can talk with Dr. Check and just ask to do monitoring with no drugs. If she met with him and told him that is what she wanted to do, I believe he would do it. She would just have to manage her care when she was monitoring and note on her callback sheet to either ask Dr. Check to review or note that it was a natural cycle with no meds - just monitoring.

If she hasn't had any testing, would she open to that? It would be futile to be TTC and find out both tubes were blocked. So, some testing could be beneficial even if she didn't want to do any medicated cycles.

Also, as mentioned above, there are a handful of other doctors who will try and work with patients in a natural manner, so it is possible. I don't know if they have any age limits, though. I know Cooper doesn't.

December 3rd, 2011, 5:38 pm #4

Thank you all!
I think she will be Thrilled to hear there are alternatives! thank you thank you!

Confirmation of reply: