Pregnant or period? Question for You Guys

Pregnant or period? Question for You Guys

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 25th, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

So I went to New Hope for a consultation on Saturday and they said I had a Beta of 5 and thought I might be pregnant!? Today I feel period-like cramps (Ive been cramping since an IUI I had almost 2 weeks ago (Thursday is my testing day). Do period cramps feel differnt from pregancy cramps, and isn'a a Beta of 5 the lowets it can possibly be? i think if I remember correctly he said my progesterone was a 19.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 25th, 2012, 9:04 pm #2

A beta of 5 normally would mean that you are/were pregnant although many labs consider it a negative. What is your normal beta level when not pregnant as I do know that some women, particualry as they age have higher HCG levels in their system? As for pregnancy cramps, yes, they do feel like cramps when you have your period and have always been a sign of pregnancy for me personally. Was you progesterone 19 without supplementation? If so...I say for sure..pregnant. Good luck and I hope you have a repeat beta coming up.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 10:29 pm #3

Well thanks! Thats hopeful...except, i did do an HCG trigger shot and progesterone suppostiories and have no idea what my normal Beta is, but Im going to take it and keep a smile on my face until Thursday when i go again...

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 25th, 2012, 10:41 pm #4

That could cause you to have a beta of 5. Still, I always think cramps are the best sign. Good luck.

June 26th, 2012, 5:29 am #5

What was your trigger dose because after 2 weeks after trigger it is usually out of your system. If it was only 5,000 iu's then it would have been out even sooner. I believe that you are on your way to a bfp! H&H9 to you.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 26th, 2012, 4:19 pm #6

10,000...And i really feel like Im getting my period, there is still hope though no period yet.

June 26th, 2012, 5:47 pm #7

How many DPO are you? Are you getting bfp on an hpt?

June 27th, 2012, 11:46 am #8

Not pregnant

Confirmation of reply: