positive effects from dhea and healthy living

positive effects from dhea and healthy living

June 5th, 2012, 8:00 pm #1

I've been going through IVF and been placed on DHEA. I take 75 mg a day, its micronized from the pharmacy (prescription).

The first round of IVF produced six eggs, four fertilized, and three were good and were implanted. I did get preg but miscarried. Sad, I know.

I went through another round. I have been on DHEA for a year now.

This is five months after the other attempt and now I am over 40. This time I produced 11 eggs and 9 fertilized. 8 are good and three were implanted. Five embryos frozen. I have gotten a pos preg test. Of course I'm scared about the miscarriage situation, but still hopeful.

The point is that though I have gotten older, I have produced more eggs! The embryologist said the embryos were of donor quality they were so good.

I think this DHEA is something.

However, please keep in mind that I have totally changed my diet. I eat huge amounts of only organic fruits and vegetables, and wild salmon. I also eat Chobani yogurt. Very little processed food. Also I excercized for an hour a day, four times a week, until sweat was pouring off me (I was dieting). I am sure the healthly living helped.

I can't say what the future will bring, but I did make a lot more egges and embryos this time, and I can't help but think that DHEA was behind it. I did have some side effects, hair loss and some light fuzz did grow on my face which I waxed off, but not terrible. So I believe so far that I recommend this supplement.
Last edited by cindylefleur on June 5th, 2012, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jainee
Jainee

June 5th, 2012, 8:07 pm #2

Hi Cindy
wow - you really did well and best wishes for a healthy 9 months. what were you fsh levels?

June 5th, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

I've been going through IVF and been placed on DHEA. I take 75 mg a day, its micronized from the pharmacy (prescription).

The first round of IVF produced six eggs, four fertilized, and three were good and were implanted. I did get preg but miscarried. Sad, I know.

This is five months after the other attempt and now I am over 40. This time I produced 11 eggs and 9 fertilized. 8 are good and three were implanted. Five embryos frozen. I have gotten a pos preg test. Of course I'm scared about the miscarriage situation, but still hopeful.

The point is that though I have gotten older, I have produced more eggs! The embryologist said the embryos were of donor quality they were so good.

However, please keep in mind that I have totally changed my diet. I eat huge amounts of only organic fruits and vegetables, and wild salmon. I also eat Chobani yogurt. Very little processed food. Also I excercized for an hour a day, four times a week, until sweat was pouring off me (I was dieting). I am sure the healthly living helped.

I can't say what the future will bring, but I did make a lot more egges and embryos this time, and I can't help but think that DHEA was behind it. I did have some side effects, hair loss and some light fuzz did grow on my face which I waxed off, but not terrible. So I believe so far that I recommend this supplement.
My RE also told me to take 75mg DHEA per day and I started the micronized (OTC) DHEA yesterday but was already on regular DHEA for almost 4 weeks. I have high FSH and low AMH.

My treatment will be mid-July but not sure what protocol doc will prescribe for me. Which protocol did you do?

I need to do what you are doing. Pretty sure it helps to clean up the diet and workout. Need to destress through workout anyway since walking and yoga are not really helping. Started jumping rope and doing push ups if I can't get to a gym.

Started to notice hair thinning as well. Last week, I found an eyebrow hair right between the brows! That never happened since my teens.

Are you also taking other supplements including CoQ10 or anything else? I was thinking of adding the CoQ10 back in.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Last edited by wanttwo on June 5th, 2012, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

June 6th, 2012, 6:54 am #4

congratulations! i know how scary it is to fear another miscarriage, but you are pregnant hang in there! thanks for posting and good luck...

Confirmation of reply: