OPK not working on Femara cycle

OPK not working on Femara cycle

Amy
Amy

June 20th, 2012, 6:09 pm #1

Usually my OPK sticks work fine detecting my surge usually around day 11 or 12, but I'm trying a Femara + TI cycle this month, and my RE told me just to use the OPK sticks. But I'm already at day 14, and still haven't detected a surge. I wonder if I missed it.

Anyone here notice that Femara changes their cycle length? Thanks!

June 20th, 2012, 10:42 pm #2

I only knew my cycle had gone off track when I got high LH many days in a row. When you have a low LH reading...you are probably just fine but not surging yet. My cycles would swing anywhere from a day 10 to day 17 O. If it is making you crazy, pop in for an u/s to see where the follicles are at and then you will know how close you are. I usually did that.

xoxo, Tracy

June 21st, 2012, 1:19 am #3

Usually my OPK sticks work fine detecting my surge usually around day 11 or 12, but I'm trying a Femara + TI cycle this month, and my RE told me just to use the OPK sticks. But I'm already at day 14, and still haven't detected a surge. I wonder if I missed it.

I've been on Femara with TI for a number of months now and I've been noticing delayed ovulation.

Prior to my lap in March I did two or three cycles of Femara/TI and my O day was delayed by two or three days. Not a problem because it was coming earlier then what was ideal anyway. I'd get maybe one day, of a two line OPK and the next day I would show a surge.

Since my Lap I've been noticing even longer drawn out cycles. Today is CD 19 and I've been seeing double opk lines for six days. The test line was finally darker then the control line last night but I tested again today and there is still a relatively dark test line. I don't know what the heck it going on but my CM is almost non-existent so that hasn't been the most reliable method for detecting O either.

I'm not much help but I find it interesting that what I was blaming my lap on, may actually be the femara.
Last edited by Tripplebe on June 21st, 2012, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Amy

June 22nd, 2012, 11:25 pm #4

Thanks ladies! I'll keep checking with OPKs. Still no 2nd line or CM or other signs of ovulation.

Confirmation of reply: