OK, only one blast this cycle, but I am already very happy

OK, only one blast this cycle, but I am already very happy

May 14th, 2012, 6:26 pm #1

The other two arrested at early blast and morula stage. It just means I will need to cycle a couple more times, hopefully, to get to my 6 blasts.

Throughout my IVF career, I have never had so many of my eggs going beyond day 3 8 cells, and most of them are beyond morula. So far I've had 11 eggs retrieved in 4 cycles, 3 immature, all my mature eggs marched to morula and beyond, which is a ratio I never dared to dream of on conventional protocols.
Last edited by miraclex2 on May 14th, 2012, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.
B.

May 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm #2

MIR I don't understand everything about the morula factor but this sounds really good and it is also great to think that things are actually improving with cycles rather than the other way, which sounds like really you are hitting on a much better approach. Best wishes!

May 14th, 2012, 11:10 pm #3

I was reading LadyG's protocol and another poster's experience with Clomid added to low-stim that produced good eggs (pregnancy I believe), and I compare that to my own protocol. The only commonality among us is addition of lower dose Clomid (100mg or less) to injectables (Follistim for the other two, Menopur for me). All of us seem to have improved performance compared to pure injectables cycle.

I am thinking if a combination of low dose Clomid to injectables is the way to improve egg quality for our age group. My RE told me that Clomid induces better quality natural FSH we produce ourselves, than recombinant FSH that we inject into our body. Maybe inducing the natural FSH to complement the recombinant FSH has a magic touch that we have yet to discover.

B.
B.

May 15th, 2012, 12:18 am #4

I have a friend who got pg. using clomid against the doctor's orders -she was younger though, 38, but she did have problems and the (natural) cycle on clomid worked for her.

Never thought about the difference between natural fsh from our own bodies vs. recombinant but that sounds very reasonable! And the idea of a combination is interesting too - though I did read that it might not be good to take Clomid over and over again.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

May 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm #5

The other two arrested at early blast and morula stage. It just means I will need to cycle a couple more times, hopefully, to get to my 6 blasts.

Throughout my IVF career, I have never had so many of my eggs going beyond day 3 8 cells, and most of them are beyond morula. So far I've had 11 eggs retrieved in 4 cycles, 3 immature, all my mature eggs marched to morula and beyond, which is a ratio I never dared to dream of on conventional protocols.
And I know you are. You really are a trooper.

I am thinking of going with clomid and injectables combo, too. Based on some of the successes here including yours. It sure cannot hurt for me at this point in the game. And I suspect it can only help.

As I am not banking but going with fresh cycles....and I don't seem to have lining issues....would you do clomid / injectables....? Just curious as to your thoughts, MIR, and others, too. I think it's worth trying and I never have....

Kim
Kim

May 15th, 2012, 7:00 pm #6

I would try clomid if it were not for my cr...appy linings. I struggle to get to a 7mm lining on meds. I would think the clomid would be better for quality since it is your natural FSH?

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

May 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm #7

I am thinking of going with clomid and injectables combo, too. Based on some of the successes here including yours. It sure cannot hurt for me at this point in the game. And I suspect it can only help.

As I am not banking but going with fresh cycles....and I don't seem to have lining issues....would you do clomid / injectables....? Just curious as to your thoughts, MIR, and others, too. I think it's worth trying and I never have....
i decided to try femara this cycle, and for some reason didn't consider clomid. have you tried femara before? supposedly femara doesn't mess up the lining, but i don't seem to have lining problems, either. so i'm not sure what the arguments are to trying one over the other. either way, it does seem promising!
good luck!

May 16th, 2012, 12:16 am #8

from what I heard from my RE, there is no lining issue within 3 cycles. I personally like the Clomid/injectable combo, and think there may be something to it.

However, at the same time, I must caution you that there are poor Clomid responders who got their cycles screwed up after one-time use. If you have used it in the past and have had no problems, that would be the most ideal scenario. But if you have never used it, just be watchful and willing to pull the plug if your body is not reacting well. You will know it right away, there are a small minority of people who don't produce follicles on Clomid, and I have seen that in my clinic. They must get on injectables-only cycle or natural cycle.

Good luck! Btw, I feel very encouraged by your chemical pregnancy last time. I believe it is the precursor to success!
Last edited by miraclex2 on May 16th, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: