No follies on Day 10

No follies on Day 10

March 9th, 2012, 11:17 pm #1

(Day 8 of stims) in an antagonist cycle with 300 FSH.

Scan on Thurs showed lining 9mm, but no follies seen. Doc has upped the dose to 450 and I will be scanned again on Monday.

My stupid body doesn't work and I can't even do IVF properly.

Afterward we sat outside and cried for ages. All we want is one perfect little baby who would be a combination of us both.

Saw a naturopath on Tuesday (Sharkeys healing centre). She recommended a 6 month break from everything to try and get my FSH down and hormones balanced. DH is against a 6 month break though.

She did go through my test results and said I was low in iodine and Vitamin D, and recommended some supplements. She thinks that stress is a big factor for me. We have another appointment in 6 weeks.

I'm not sure what to do if don't get any follicles this time. Maybe DH would agree to go natural, taking the Sharkeys herbs, while being monitored for natural follicles by the doc?

I am interested in things like Mini IVF, natural cycle IVF and embyro banking, clinics in the US seem to do these things. However when I ask doctors here in Oz about these things they look at me blank.

anne
anne

March 9th, 2012, 11:31 pm #2

depending upon your cash flow, i would scrap this cycle. don't despair; you could have overstimmed and the follicles just absorbed or your cycle may be anovulatory. your age might be a factor but even at that it doesn't necessarily mean you don't have ANY follicles left. sometimes people have success naturally a month or two after stimms.

do you feel well most of the time? i became very hormonal in my late 30's and felt like crap most of the time during my cycle. acupuncture, cleaning up diet and taking herbs helped me immensely.

if your doctor doesn't know the new things but is willing to find out or try different protocols then he might be good. if not you may need to see someone new.

sorry this has happened hon, please know you are not alone.

March 10th, 2012, 7:25 am #3

Anne... I'm in a similar situation.. I learned about my low AMH in Dec. We very quickly decided we'd do all we can now, hadn't even considered RE before. From that moment on, I didn't get my period. Then FSH went up rapidly. The months before, all was normal. Ovulation, periods. I think I didn't have enough time to make myself familiar with the RE world. Plus I was furious at my body for 'letting me down'. That is stress, and probably negative stress. My Vitamin D is very low, too. Taking supplements now.
What I'm trying to say is don't be mad at your body. It is doing all it can to be productive (high FSH). It IS working. But there are reasons for it doing what it does. Those have to be resolved, or improved, if possible.
I know it's hard. I also decided to do a mini-Icsi, but I can't even start. It sxxxx. But I won't change it by stressing myself. I'm trying not to, which is not easy.
My dog was diagnosed with cancer 3 days ago. I thought he just had a cold or something, but his lung is full of tumors
It is a very horrible situation, I might start an OT post. But.. I'm not thinnking about my hormones at all.. most of the time.
Please try to be good to yourself, do something nice..
Tine

Kim
Kim

March 10th, 2012, 4:23 pm #4

depending upon your cash flow, i would scrap this cycle. don't despair; you could have overstimmed and the follicles just absorbed or your cycle may be anovulatory. your age might be a factor but even at that it doesn't necessarily mean you don't have ANY follicles left. sometimes people have success naturally a month or two after stimms.

do you feel well most of the time? i became very hormonal in my late 30's and felt like crap most of the time during my cycle. acupuncture, cleaning up diet and taking herbs helped me immensely.

if your doctor doesn't know the new things but is willing to find out or try different protocols then he might be good. if not you may need to see someone new.

sorry this has happened hon, please know you are not alone.
Sorry for what you are going through. Wanted to just say that every cycle is different. Not convinced resting helps b/c it is just what your body decides for that cycle. 1-2 rest should be good enough if you decide you need an emotional and physical break. I sat a cried a little yesterday after my scan showing only one follicle almost mature, but felt better after talking to my RE who thinks it was just a bad batch of eggs this cycle....which happens he says.

anne
anne

March 10th, 2012, 8:05 pm #5

Anne... I'm in a similar situation.. I learned about my low AMH in Dec. We very quickly decided we'd do all we can now, hadn't even considered RE before. From that moment on, I didn't get my period. Then FSH went up rapidly. The months before, all was normal. Ovulation, periods. I think I didn't have enough time to make myself familiar with the RE world. Plus I was furious at my body for 'letting me down'. That is stress, and probably negative stress. My Vitamin D is very low, too. Taking supplements now.
What I'm trying to say is don't be mad at your body. It is doing all it can to be productive (high FSH). It IS working. But there are reasons for it doing what it does. Those have to be resolved, or improved, if possible.
I know it's hard. I also decided to do a mini-Icsi, but I can't even start. It sxxxx. But I won't change it by stressing myself. I'm trying not to, which is not easy.
My dog was diagnosed with cancer 3 days ago. I thought he just had a cold or something, but his lung is full of tumors
It is a very horrible situation, I might start an OT post. But.. I'm not thinnking about my hormones at all.. most of the time.
Please try to be good to yourself, do something nice..
Tine
to hear about your doggie. i have 2 dogs and 1 cat and birds. they are like my children. i am very sorry to hear of this.

i'm not really stressing now. just waiting, waiting, waiting.

i know you will do what is best for your pet. you will be in my prayers today tine.

March 11th, 2012, 1:13 am #6

We put him to sleep. Like his whole life, he did this with full speed. I thought he has a cold on Sunday and he was hardly able to breath today.
Before he suffered, I had to put him to sleep. It is what we owe them, right?
Horribly sad. Everything has to be considered in perspective. A week ago, I was moaning about my period. But at least noone died.
I'm so sad.
Sxxt.
Last edited by Tine2012 on March 11th, 2012, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anne
anne

March 11th, 2012, 4:57 am #7

i am so sorry, that just makes me cry. you did the kindest thing you could do for your doggie. at least he knew that you loved him and was looking out for him to the very end.

i know how hard it is, it's a sad part of life to let loved ones go. but in my religion i believe that you will see them again and part of them will never leave you.

i still cry over my favourite little dog; he was 15 and died in 2005. it does get easier but you never stop loving them and missing them.

i'm so sorry.

March 11th, 2012, 1:57 pm #8

.. can just break your heart. My last dog was 16 when he died. I waited too long in his case. In this one I had only a few days to understand that this was happening and to make a decision.
I will miss him so much. He was with me everywhere. Even the bathroom. He hated being alone. I feel so bad that he can't be everywhere I go now. But it was just so clear that it would be selfisch to keep him going.
Thanks for your kind words, Anne.
Tine

Confirmation of reply: