Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 9:43 am

February 21st, 2018, 11:08 am #11

Dear Penny, I am so sorry for what you're going through. But at least it is good that you detected that endo is still a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know much to help with information about endometriosis, but I think it is essential to find the best surgeon for it. Is it really that endo will return in 3 months?? I think you still have a good reserve, but the real problem would be having such a small window for doing IVF. And really, would the endo be so severe that you could not do IVF with it? An RE with extensive endo experience would also be very important.

I know how hard the waiting must be. I would also double-check with another RE, to check if IVF is at all possible before a new surgery. Perhaps you could still do embryo banking before the surgery.

Sorry I cannot help more... But I am with you with my heart.

Thanks hun, you're a sweetheart. And I am with you too..

I'll let you know how I go. I have sought out Braverman because he knows endometriosis like no one's business!! He is confident it's the endometriosis.. I have some underlying immune issues which he hopes to fix..

I did get a good quality blast once before, so he is confident I will again.. this time it will be transferred as Braverman does NOT agree with PGS testing..

I'll let you know how I go. I think about you all the time and hope you're doing well and in good spirits. xx
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 10th, 2014, 6:19 pm

February 21st, 2018, 8:46 pm #12

Dear Penny, looks like Dr Braverman might work really well for you indeed! I think your main issue is the endometriosis, not the DOR. Also, it is worth running all possible tests (blood clotting, immune issues, thyroid) to rule out any problems that might have a huge impact, and could easily be avoided.

The more I read, the less I believe in PGS. Initially, I had just trusted my feeling. But there is increasing concern that even pushing to Day 5 results in loss of viable embryos. I think it's worth it only if you want to avoid miscarriages. Even the window of implantation seems to be smaller for blasts compared to compacting embryos https://fertilitypedia.org/blog/day-3-d ... ht-choice/).

Wish you lots of luck, I think finding the right doctor(s) is so crucial... It makes all the difference. I started myself now with a new RE and different medication, I'll see how it goes...



Quote
Like
Share

Michelle
Michelle

February 22nd, 2018, 11:46 am #13

Hey honey, yes, I tend to agree with you. It seems two months after first endometriosis excision, my oestrogen was the highest it's ever been and trending upwards.. i'm thinking it was that growth producing all the oestrogen and mucking up all my cycles... so yes, as soon as it was removed, my oestrogen plummeted!

It's not recommended to do any cycles with endometriosis because the ovaries are bathing in the abdomen where the endometriosis is releasing toxins.. the follicular fluid is contaminated and will not produce any good quality blasts. That's been my experience and after chatting with Braverman, I need to stop and wait until all the endometriosis is removed before I can start an IVF cycle.

I've engaged Braverman to help.. He has spoken to my surgeon to explain what his technique is and what needs to be removed. I will have his extensive immune testing carried out on Monday. My endometriosis surgery (with a non-nook surgeon) is next Thursday... i'm very nervous...

Menopause isn't a risk for me.. it's just the endometriosis is causing issues.. once it's removed, I should see an immediate change in my hormone level.. then it's a 6 week wait to get Braverman's extensive 30 page report on what he considers is causing all the problems...

Let's see.... i'll let you know how I go..
Hi Penny

I wish there was something I could do or say to help. All the best for your surgery next Thurs, thinking of you.

Michelle
Quote
Share

Sydney
Sydney

February 23rd, 2018, 11:15 am #14

Dear Penny, looks like Dr Braverman might work really well for you indeed! I think your main issue is the endometriosis, not the DOR. Also, it is worth running all possible tests (blood clotting, immune issues, thyroid) to rule out any problems that might have a huge impact, and could easily be avoided.

The more I read, the less I believe in PGS. Initially, I had just trusted my feeling. But there is increasing concern that even pushing to Day 5 results in loss of viable embryos. I think it's worth it only if you want to avoid miscarriages. Even the window of implantation seems to be smaller for blasts compared to compacting embryos https://fertilitypedia.org/blog/day-3-d ... ht-choice/).

Wish you lots of luck, I think finding the right doctor(s) is so crucial... It makes all the difference. I started myself now with a new RE and different medication, I'll see how it goes...


Hi Alma,

I believe the information about 3 day embryo's. My previous success was from a fresh transfer of 2 three day embryos from a clomid and letrozole cycle at New Hope resulting in 1 baby. 2 eggs were retrieved and fertilized.

I recently tried a mini ivf cycle but I think my follicles were too big at trigger (23mm) and my eggs ended up getting overcooked and impacted by the medications since follistim was started early at day 3. 5 eggs were retrieved, 4 fertilized, and 1 made it to 6 day blastocyst.

I'm going to try a natural cycle with a fresh 2 or 3 day transfer next.

Sydney
Quote
Share

Joined: June 10th, 2014, 6:19 pm

February 23rd, 2018, 12:48 pm #15

Hi Sydney, are you still with NH? Do you know what they advise regarding cleavage state vs blast these days? Good luck with your next cycle.

When I was doing egg retrievals at NH a few years ago, they advised me to freeze at Day 2/Day 3. Also, there were statistics from Life posted on this site, and if you made the calculations, you could see that from embryos transferred at Day 3 that led to pregnancy, a high percentage (30% or so!!) would not have made it to blast in the lab.

Now I started preparing my lining with a new local RE, and she believes that with the current advances in lab technology, it is not worth transferring on Day 3, and it is better to push to blast, to avoid potential multiple pregnancies. She also believes in the theory that Day 5 embryos are at a stage where naturally they should be in the endometrium, compared to Day 3. We just discussed this today. But it is highly possible that she just follows the trend.

I wonder what Dr Braverman thinks about Day 3 vs Day 5 now. He already doesn't believe in PGS, which is still the norm these days.

Based on what I know now, I would transfer at Day 3. Also, the article I posted above says "cleavage-stage transfer results in a higher cumulative pregnancy rate. In addition, male embryos are thought to be better at reaching later developmental stages and there is thus a higher prevalence of boys in blastocyst transfers. However, there is a need for more research in this area." Also, for cleavage state (Day 2/Day 3 embryo) - "the embryo may survive in the pre-receptive stage, with the womb lining possibly developing into the receptive stage."
Quote
Like
Share

Confirmation of reply: