my friend is 45 what are your thoughts on OE? (DE mentd)

my friend is 45 what are your thoughts on OE? (DE mentd)

March 4th, 2012, 5:11 am #1

she had one failed cycle recently. they are unsure what to do. what are your opinions on if they want to try again? they are in that space of wanting to try OE but knowing the stats, not ready for DE options.
would love to know what opinions Docs protocols you would suggest. It's okay they may need to move on, they have been counseled already on that.

March 4th, 2012, 5:12 am #2

P.S. they are in New York City n/t

Kim
Kim

March 4th, 2012, 2:20 pm #3

she had one failed cycle recently. they are unsure what to do. what are your opinions on if they want to try again? they are in that space of wanting to try OE but knowing the stats, not ready for DE options.
would love to know what opinions Docs protocols you would suggest. It's okay they may need to move on, they have been counseled already on that.
A friend of mine on another board is 45 and pregnant with healthy boy at 12 weeks now I think. She did the CVS testing last week. She did ZIFT with Santa Monica Fertility. I know it would be travel for your friend in NYC but sure there would be a good doctor her current RE could recommend for ZIFT. Not many RE's practice this old method, but it really helps the fertilized eggs to get back into mom as soon as possible. Basically, the ZIFT procedure requires going under two days in a row - once for retrieval and then the next day to put the fertilized eggs back into the fallopian tubes. I would recommend a place or doctor that performs this procedure a few times a year.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 4th, 2012, 3:19 pm #4

Hi,

They might want to look at SIRM-NY's EZ-IVF or New Hope for low stim and banking of embryos. They both work with women in that age group.

Jamie
Jamie

March 4th, 2012, 6:41 pm #5

If they have the funds and REALLY want to do OE, and have patience, I would probably do a natural or very low stim cycle IVF each month for a year, bank every blast, and then do a microarray chromosome test on everything. I would think this would raise her chances considerably.

I'd also tell her to do all the egg quality supplements--massive CoQ10 and inositol, and consider melatonin and DHEA.

Confirmation of reply: